Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Nismo Flywheel is here... first impression

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004 | 02:50 AM
Z350Lover

Default Nismo Flywheel is here... first impression

Gents,

First of all, need to thank Jason from Performance Nissan once again for organising shipment for us.

ypwpat and I have received our "parts", exactly the same order, nismo flywheel + US Spec. air duct today.

Okay... my first impression on the nismo light weight flywheel is here...

1. It is FREAKING heavy to begin with when the DHL courier guy passed me the parcel. I was actually thinking, okay, there are 2 flywheels in there, so it shouldn't be too heavy if I only have one in my hand....

2. It turns out that a single nismo flywheel is really heavy too... seriously.... VERY HEAVY!!!!

3. Build quality is fantastic without a doubt (although it is still in the wrapping bag) just like other nismo products.

4. It is a lot thicker than what I expected. When I showed my friend who used to own a skyline gts, his cusco light weight flywheel is A LOT thinner than this piece.

And you can see the actual size of the flywheel with my "beautiful" hand there... also you can be able to see how thick it actually is though. Not sure how thick the JWT one is, I am sure OTT can input that for us.

Nismo flywheel also comes with a bag of nissan original flywheel bolts? and an installation instruction.

ypwpat will have his installed on this Friday and I will get mine installed this Saturday.... we shall hear from ypwpat short on how he thinks about the flywheel! He told me that he will try hard to feel the original setup now and notice if there is any noise at this standard stage and will give us a thorough comparisons soon!

cheers boys!

richie
Old 02-25-2004 | 02:51 AM
Z350Lover

Oooops.... sorry... here are the pics:

enjoy!

cheers,

richie
Old 02-25-2004 | 03:11 AM
ypwpat

sorry it's deleted.

Last edited by ypwpat; 02-25-2004 at 03:14 AM.
Old 02-25-2004 | 03:13 AM
ypwpat

Hi guys. This is my hypothesis about the noise that Otto have complain with his JWT Flywheels.

This is JWT Flywheel 14lbs:

and this is the Tilton Flywheels 8Lbs:

the noise could be the friction contact between the clutch and flywheels. As nismo one is thicker and smoother surface. As Jwt is rougher and have those golden pattern.

But this is only my Hypothesis. So it hasn't proven yet and i could be wrong. I'll see if the noise will be Very loud as what Otto has describe on his Z.

P.S: The noise could be related with the Weight as well. Because someone said that Tilton (8lbs) produce the loudest and Nismo only weight 23lbs, Which is 28% lighter (8lbs).
Old 02-25-2004 | 11:25 PM
apsilon

Looking forward to both of your impressions.