Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Crazy life

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 08:52 PM
igor@af

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy life

Well,

I haven't been on here in god knows how long, but I've got relevant news, so I figured I'd drop by.

As some may know, I've been running the GT-R in World Challenge this year, and our results have been... well, not as good as one would hope. We certainly did our best as a first-year team on a privateer budget, and have learned lots from it.

I am currently in the planning stage for '07 program for the GT-R in World Challenge, with a possibility of running 2 cars.

However, I myself will be racing in Japan next year!
I got hired by a team in Super Taikyu Class 3 to race a Fairlady Z. NISMO is currently building the car, and it is expected to be done in February.

We've got 7 races on our schedule, with most between 4-6 hours, and one 24 hour race in Hokkaido.

Crazy how life takes you full circle - I remember the days of tracking a 350Z and dreaming of a time on some parallel universe of being able to race professionally. Booya!

Our competition includes cars like the M3, NSX, and RX7.

Oh and by the way, the next GT-R is incredible. All of the speculations I have read on the internet do not even come close to the reality of this car.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:55 PM
ArCtM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fukcing cool man, congrats!!!

PM me some GT-R specs, I promise to keep them to myself I just gotta know.

Last edited by ArCtM; 12-28-2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:00 PM
mthreat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by igor@af
Well,
As some may know, I've been running the GT-R in World Challenge this year, and our results have been... well, not as good as one would hope. We certainly did our best as a first-year team on a privateer budget, and have learned lots from it.
Hi Igor,

Glad to hear your racing career is going well! I recently discovered you (via your blog, via ...) and it's inspiring to see someone make their dream happen, while documenting it on your blog.

Will you be running NA (I'm not sure what "Class 3" is)?

-chris
Old 12-28-2006, 09:07 PM
igor@af

Chris,

You can check out the Super Taikyu website here:
http://www.so-net.ne.jp/s-taikyu/
Class 3 is N/A engine - basically stock with a few tweaks. The car itself is going to be somewhat lighter than stock, but really the entire series is very heavily production-based (unlike World Challenge or Grand-Am, no matter what others may tell you).
The rules do not even allow changing of the windows or body except for bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper.

The biggest difference would be that we can run slicks, so the car will still be pretty fast and fun. It's a class of motorsports that in my opinion has significant relevance to the aftermarket from this perspective.

The team I will be working for will have a car like this:
http://www.so-net.ne.jp/s-taikyu/200...htglry/30.html

Speaking of the blog... I need to update that thing.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:24 PM
UnderPressure

Igor,
Congrats on the new series for 2007. You back in Lexington again or did you stay out in SoCal? Looks like I'm heading up to Lex for New Years. Let me know if your in the area.

-Will