Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Looking for some Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007 | 04:51 AM
Billhyco

Default Looking for some Help!

Posted this on another thread but hoping some guys on the race section may already have what I am looking for...........

Only reason I ask for help is b/c my car is at home today. I am trying to get a sticker made for my back window thanks to a recent development in sponsorship oppurtunity. Anyhow, I need measurements on the window its self. Doesn't have to be the whole window, more less just the width of the window at the top. Or if anyone has a sticker already, what are the measurements of it? Thanks already for any help I get...sorry to bother everyone with a strange request. Just need to get the info over to the sticker folks today. Here is something like I am wanting....this is prolly a members car, stole it from the gallery section........
Attached Thumbnails Looking for some Help!-350zrear.jpg  
Old 10-03-2007 | 05:30 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Sorry, can't help. But wanted to say good luck.
Old 10-03-2007 | 05:43 AM
Billhyco

Originally Posted by mhoward1
Sorry, can't help. But wanted to say good luck.
hahaha, thanks!!
Old 10-03-2007 | 08:11 AM
betamotorsports

Rear window is roughly 40" wide by 32" tall between the edge trim.
Old 10-03-2007 | 08:18 AM
drivesolo

Hey, that's First350's Z at the Gymkhana at PIR earlier this year.
Old 10-03-2007 | 08:36 AM
first350

that's me!! It was a standard "Hankook" windshield sticker that I cut to match the rear window. I can measure it tonight for you.

*it's a little tricky w/ the rear windshield sprayer up there too...I had to use a hari dryer to get the sticker to form around it.

I tried looking for a close up shot, but this is the best I could find:
Old 10-03-2007 | 11:13 AM
Billhyco

Originally Posted by first350
that's me!! It was a standard "Hankook" windshield sticker that I cut to match the rear window. I can measure it tonight for you.

*it's a little tricky w/ the rear windshield sprayer up there too...I had to use a hari dryer to get the sticker to form around it.

I tried looking for a close up shot, but this is the best I could find:

i was wondering about that the whole sprayer nozzle issue. i figured i would start by just cutting small and working my way out with it. did you spray windex or soapy water down to center it all first or how did you do it?

thanks for the info!!!
Old 10-03-2007 | 01:36 PM
first350

Originally Posted by Billhyco
i was wondering about that the whole sprayer nozzle issue. i figured i would start by just cutting small and working my way out with it. did you spray windex or soapy water down to center it all first or how did you do it?

thanks for the info!!!
steps I did:
-placed sticker over area and cut to size.
-cleaned glass
-sprayed tons of water w/ a small amount of soap onto glass (you don't want the sticky portion of the sticker to adhere to the glass until after you're done placing it on the glass and positioning it
-move sticker into position
-use small squee-gee (or Credit card w/ soft edge) to push all the water/air bubbles out.
-use heat gun / hair dryer to make the sticker form around the windshield spray nozzle...this take some time, but isn't too hard.

hope that makes sense.
Old 10-03-2007 | 01:56 PM
Billhyco

that is almost exactly as i was going to do. thanks for the play by play..... this board has yet to let me down...thanks guys!
Old 10-04-2007 | 08:05 AM
first350

Originally Posted by Billhyco
that is almost exactly as i was going to do. thanks for the play by play..... this board has yet to let me down...thanks guys!

do you still need measurements? I ended up buying a new set of wheels last night and completley forgot about this
Old 10-04-2007 | 10:54 AM
Billhyco

Originally Posted by first350
do you still need measurements? I ended up buying a new set of wheels last night and completley forgot about this

hahah, no worries, i got it from a couple people on here. Gotta love this board!