Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

New shock offered by Koni.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007 | 11:42 AM
PedalFaster

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
JRZ monotube DA shocks
$3500 Speedware Motorsports 425-869-5680
Just have to put in a word of caution about Speedware -- a lot of people local to the shop, myself included, have had bad experiences with them. I'd take your money elsewhere...
Old 12-11-2007 | 11:45 AM
jmark

erik@jrzsuspension.com
Old 12-11-2007 | 11:58 AM
daveh

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
As alway's thanks for the post Will. I was just on the Phone with Phil a few day's about asking about shortening my Koni SA rears (might as well get phase IV rears it turns out). Was he talking about modifying stock 2812's or pulling 350Z spec 2812's off the shelf?

I wonder how the 2812's would fare against JRZ. Both are double adjustable monotube's. Last info I had put them at a low cost. Koni want's us to know that the 2812 has a great valving system going for it, though JRZ has it own valving too.

JRZ monotube DA shocks
$3500 Speedware Motorsports 425-869-5680
http://www.theracersgroup.com/parts/...cks/shocks.htm
Non-remote resevoir DA shocks with independent adjustment for compression and rebound dampning. Front shocks have built in adjustable spring perches.
Large 22mm piston rod for direct response compression control
Large 46mm piston for direct response rebound control
Large non-preloaded deflective disc stack for traction and smooth damping control
Orifice rebound adjustment for exact fluid control
Unique compression valving system in fluid/gas reservoir
Large gas volume capable of accepting large fluid displacements without harshness
Unique orifice adjustment for precise compression damping tuning
Very responsive damping force adjustment system
I think you're referring to the JRZ RS which are twin-tube, high gas not monotube. None the less a great great shock.
Old 12-11-2007 | 12:00 PM
daveh

Originally Posted by SGSash
Unless I am mistaken, I belive the Koni shocks on my Unitech 350z are tripple adjustable, not 4 way.

They allow for rebound on top of the shock, as well as low and high speed bump on the shock.

If there is a second rebound adjustment I would love to know what it is

Edit: after doing some more research it does look like the 4way adjustable shock, as I don't see Koni offering a trippe adjustable. It appears as though the high speed adjustments are on the shock body and rebound and bump are adjusted elsewhere. Rebound is on top, however I'm not sure about bump! I'll update when I find out
Your shocks are the 4 ways, and I apologize that some of my drool may still be on them from when the lock's showed them to me at Infineon
Old 12-11-2007 | 03:48 PM
Gsedan35

Originally Posted by daveh
I think you're referring to the JRZ RS which are twin-tube, high gas not monotube. None the less a great great shock.
Thank's Dave, JRZ's own site doesn't say what the tube makeup is, it wasn't easy getting info on the shocks, but I did verify what you said at another web site and edited my post to correct that. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Thought this was interesting on the JRZ product.

JRZ RS FAQ
Q. What's the difference between a JRZ RS shock and other kinds of shocks?
A. There are a few differences that distinguish a JRZ RS shock:

Wide range of adjustments. Whereas other "adjustable" shocks have similar features of rebound and compression adjustments, few have the wide range which allows JRZs to perform well under street conditions but suitable for the track. This means you can use springs soft enough for the street or stiff enough for racecars, and the shocks have enough tunable range to satiate both extremes and everything in between.

The JRZ RS shock is twin-tube, high-gas, and 2-way. That means they can control both compression and rebound adjustment, independently. No one has ever done this with high-gas pressure. One can adjust the JRZ’s rebound without affecting compression. The advantage of gas pressure is that it stops oil from foaming and provides lifting force for the piston. No one else has figured out how to build a seal that allows gas pressure in a true twin tube. JRZ is the only one in the world that can do this. It’s something they’ve learned at showroom stock racing, and their package now gets the technology to the road.Like most things in the complex, inter-related world of suspension technology, which is an art form on top of some rigid science, the JRZ shock provides a number of benefits other than just rebound and compression.

Q. Who the heck is JRZ?
A. While most aftermarket suspension companies come from an OE background, producing OE replacement suspension, JRZ was founded in 1995 and has been dedicated to race suspension from its inception. After years of successful race experience, JRZ begins marketing products for street driven cars. The products that evolve from this development are the "clubsport" product known as JRZ RS and RS-Pro dampers.

Q. Where can I get parts for JRZ shocks if they require servicing?
A. As history would have it, the parts for JRZ are identical to those used in ProTrax and Moton (both of these companies have beginnings at JRZ) so the internal parts are interchangeable, if required.

Q. How can this system be fine tuned to my requirements?
A. Because of the wide adjustment range of the JRZ shocks, spring rates as little as 400 lbs. all the way up to 1000 lbs. can be used. While some coilover systems have only one spring set (others may have more, similar to a small, medium, large ideology), Eibach manufactures constant diameter spring in rates as low as 25 lb. increments for very specific suspension tuning
Old 12-11-2007 | 04:39 PM
myG35zx

I left a message for my friend at TRG asking about pricing for the JRZ RS. He's in California setting up the cars so I should hear back soon - hopefully.