Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Anyone going to Englishtown autocross tomorrow (8/16)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 03:31 PM
DmitryZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone going to Englishtown autocross tomorrow (8/16)?

Is anyone going to Englishtown autocross this weekend? I was planning on going Aug 30 for the first time, but since my helmet came in early I figure I need to try it out.

I am still kind of undecided. I don’t even know what the weather is going to be like tomorrow. If any of you plan on going let me know. Being that I am a noob to this sort of thing it would be nice to hook up with someone experienced so I don't look like a total fool. We’ll have a mini Z meet...lol

Dmitry
Old 08-29-2003, 10:52 AM
supirio

Default Re: Anyone going to Englishtown autocross tomorrow (8/16)?

Yo man did you go? I guess theres auto-x tomorrow too at englishtown? i'd like to go can I use a motorcycle helmet, what times is it, how much does it cost thanks!

Jeff

Originally posted by DmitryZ
Is anyone going to Englishtown autocross this weekend? I was planning on going Aug 30 for the first time, but since my helmet came in early I figure I need to try it out.

I am still kind of undecided. I don’t even know what the weather is going to be like tomorrow. If any of you plan on going let me know. Being that I am a noob to this sort of thing it would be nice to hook up with someone experienced so I don't look like a total fool. We’ll have a mini Z meet...lol

Dmitry
Old 08-31-2003, 03:30 PM
DmitryZ

I am sorry, I wish I would have seen your post earlier. I think you can use a motorcycle helmet (there was a long thread on that somewhere). You have to be there between 8-9 am to register. Its $35 dollars for non scca members and $25 dollars for members. It’s a blast! I highly recommend it. Even if at the end of the day you decide that its not “your cup of tea” I guarantee you will have fun and will learn a lot about your car. I will try to post on this board in advance next time I go.

This is a great link for beginners:

http://www.tirerack.com/features/solo2/handbook.htm

Dmitry