Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

July 26, 09 Autocross and testing out Racelogic Driftbox dataloger

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 06:27 PM
gunluvS14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default July 26, 09 Autocross and testing out Racelogic Driftbox dataloger

I was driving my friend's AP1 S2000 on Toyo RA1 again. We left Savannah, GA on Sunday morning and drove to Jacksonville to play with the Florida folks.

This was my first time on the Whitehouse Naval Air Station runway using R compound tires. My last visit I was driving the G and I was rolling on D1 Star spec street tires. The amount of grip between the concrete and R compound tire is phenomenon! Both Dan and I pulled well over 1.2G consistently on this grippy surface.

Anyway, below is my onboard video and few screenshots of the Racelogic Driftbox data.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dn4RnBqnaE8&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dn4RnBqnaE8&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

The Driftbox is a very useful tool; after the race we can compare our lines and see how we can make up time in certain spot. Also, it allows us to see how our driving style/line affects the car speed and lateral G between runs. It would be great if this device can track throttle opening positing versus time.

There are lots of information hidden in the data, I just have to take my time and see what I can discover :biggthumpup:

This is the course map

This is what the GPS trace

The G-circle

With the "replay", we can track the speed vs. time vs. lateral G of runs

I'm sure most of you already have seen this product, but the nerd side of me just want to share this with you guys

Comments and suggestions are welcome!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:25 PM
freedonutss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where in GA are you located? We should ride out together one day. Ive never participated in a autox event.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:08 AM
DriveI65

Originally Posted by freedonutss
Where in GA are you located? We should ride out together one day. Ive never participated in a autox event.
Go to Atlanta SCCA's web site and read up on the events in your area. There are a lot of really good drivers in ATL and they work on driver development with new people. Meredith is the Solo Chair and she has an excellent program.

SoloAtlanta
Old 07-31-2009, 06:51 AM
gunluvS14

I'm from Augusta GA. I've been trying to get as much seat time as possible, so I've been traveling thru the SE quite a bite. I'll be in your ATL event on August 29th

Meredith... Bryce Meredith with the E36 chassis running in STX class?
Old 08-03-2009, 04:50 PM
OG35Z

Mere has run the ST civic for most of this year. Brian Bell and many others are running the BMW in STX.

I will at both of the August events for the ATL Region. If you have any questions freedonutss let me know.

Regards,