Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

370z racing in grand-am series

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:59 PM
A.M.Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Chad and Ethan were both there, check out the AM performance facebook page for more details on the cars build.
well Ethan and I will campain one of the 3 cars in 2012 but for this year brian and mike will run one and the second will be ran by a rental driver. The 3rd car will run in nasa events and possibly one grand am race with my brother and I driving it. The team has also considered building a 4th car depending on demand from paying drivers we are really excited to work with Brian Lock and Mike Sweeney they have so much to offer my brother and I as we embark on this journey with our new team one led by Brian and Mike its a real honor to work at A.M. Performance oh and Thanks Len
Old 02-22-2011, 10:02 PM
A.M.Performance

Originally Posted by davids
Heres to hoping this one fares better than previous attempts.

Not sure if the rules allow for boosting it.
there wont be any boost on the cars we are building them all motor if you want more info hit up our website A.M.Performanceracing.com and ask questions or use brian and mike's websites also i will post pics and updates daily on my face book
Old 02-22-2011, 10:06 PM
A.M.Performance

They are base model 370Z's . bought from Fontana Nissan. Ethan ran one of them at the final time attack
they aren't nismo's they were base models but they have full nismo bodywork and also are completely seam welded and run volks provided by nissan motorsports aswell as suspension components that will be sold by nissan motorsports they are far from street cars they are full race and share alot with street cars aside from the coilovers cages and fuel systems and engines but the suspension components are available as are race headers and some other parts through A.M. Performance all parts are for off road use only
Old 02-22-2011, 10:10 PM
A.M.Performance

Originally Posted by dkmura
Intersting announcement. It names the principal and one driver for a three car team. Guessing the other two NISMO 370Zs are for rent-a-drivers?
one is available for that the other is for driver developement
Old 02-22-2011, 10:13 PM
A.M.Performance

Originally Posted by mw9
http://amperformanceracing.com/site/

A.M. PERFORMANCE ANNOUNCES PLANS TO BRING BACK NISSAN INTO GRAND-AM COMPETITION

Scotts Valley, California – January 11, 2011 – The newly formed A.M. Performance team announced today that it has acquired three brand new Nissan NISMO 370Zs, and will be preparing them for the 2011 GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge season. This will mark the return to GS action for the Z model after nearly 3 years. The new platform boosts a more powerful 3.7L V6 engine, completely new chassis and aerodynamics, refined suspension, and everything needed to compete with the high displacement V-8’s that dominate the class.

In addition to full race car builds, preparation, and arrive-and-drive programs, A.M. Performance will be making its mark on the streets as well as developing high performance aftermarket products for a variety of platforms. The Scotts Valley, CA based company, will be staffed with some of the most talented and passionate race car fabricators, tuners, and drivers in the country, and looks forward to a quick rise to the top by challenging the nation’s leading aftermarket parts and race car fabrication companies both on and off the racetrack.

The team aims to complete building their cars and begin testing by March with an eye on making their Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge debut at the Barber 200, which will take place at Barber Motorsports Park on April 8-9, 2011. For more information and to keep up to date with the latest A.M. Performance, please visit us at www.amperformanceracing.com and www.facebook.com/amperformance.

Leading the company as CEO and driver is Brian Lock who has spent the majority of his career running the fabrication side of his family race team, GOTO:Racing, and most recently ran COBB Tuning Motorsports. No stranger to GRAND-AM competition, GOTO:Racing had its share of success, during its very brief seasons, capturing a pole position, multiple top tens, and a second place finish and track record with Lock behind the wheel. As general manager and driver, he lead COBB Tuning Motorsports to 8 track records, 2 championship, and developed the fastest stock chassis road race GT-R in the world. For more info please visit www.brianlockracing.com.

Joining Lock with driving and chassis development duties will be Mike Sweeney. Sweeney brings with him multiple ST class wins, Rolex GT experience, and years as a professional driving instructor. The 29 year old brings not only speed, but experience in a wide variety of vehicles which will prove beneficial in developing the new 370Z chassis. In addition to being a great spokesman for A.M. Performance, he brings with him a very close relationship representing the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, who are committed to finding a cure for blood cancers. For more info please visit www.gomikesweeney.com.

Brian Lock
Driver, CEO, A.M. Performance
"Words can't describe my excitement for our 2011 program. To be back racing in GRAND-AM full time, and working with Nissan to put their brand back in the spot light in US road racing is an absolute honor and privilege. We look forward to climbing the GRAND-AM ladder and showing the country how fast A.M. Performance can make the NISMO 370Z go around the track."

“I have been waiting over two years for the chance to drive a GRAND-AM car full time, and now that that’s happened, to be able to share the car with Mike Sweeney only makes it that much better. His wins and performance record speak very highly about his ability; you won't find a better person to represent your brand and company."

Mike Sweeney
Driver, A.M. Performance
“Finally I get to go play in Grand Sport! GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge is hands down the most exciting racing in North America, and it's always fun being in the fastest class. Plus, as a founding member of A.M. Performance this deal is really exciting; it's fantastic to bring Nissan back into GRAND-AM, and I can't wait to get the NISMO 370Z on track. In the meantime, we are going to stay crazy busy building the cars, getting our shop rolling, and setting up our driver development program. It's going to be a great year, so stay tuned, kids!"
the boost thing was a typo as for the rest Brian and Mike are the best possible thing that could have happened to this team they both are amazing drivers and its an honor to work for them at the shop. I'm excited to train with them and get to a new level 2011 is gonna be a great year for the z chassis
Old 02-22-2011, 10:15 PM
A.M.Performance

I wouldnt doubt it if Chad and Ethan are the other drivers. They own the cars.
we are man but this year is just training we are lucky to work with brian and Mike they care enough about this team to give us thier knowledge every day the team is giving it our all and they along with Andrew Armistead are leading the charge
Old 02-23-2011, 06:04 AM
DaveSB

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I should be at Road America and Mid Ohio, looking forward to seeing some Nissan power there!!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:09 AM
jmark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A.M.Performance
they aren't nismo's they were base models but they have full nismo bodywork and also are completely seam welded and run volks provided by nissan motorsports aswell as suspension components that will be sold by nissan motorsports they are far from street cars they are full race and share alot with street cars aside from the coilovers cages and fuel systems and engines but the suspension components are available as are race headers and some other parts through A.M. Performance all parts are for off road use only
I didn't think the Nismo 370Z had extra seam welding like the Nismo 350Z did from the factory.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:05 PM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a8hC_NYiLgI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-02-2011, 10:51 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,291 Likes on 1,651 Posts

The one car is done and off to the track
Attached Thumbnails 370z racing in grand-am series-am-performance.jpg  
Old 04-03-2011, 06:14 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

very cool.. and posted before it hit facebook.? i was a little worried since they said a video was due this weekend during their special testing session - and nothing got posted.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:33 PM
n8dog11914

Glad to see the 370Z coming along and especially the development also for the 350Z parts. Looking great. Barber is an awesome and beautiful track. Wish you guys the best.

Is SPEED going to replay the race a week later like they usually do for the GS/GT portion of GrandAM?
Old 04-17-2011, 09:01 AM
scardeal

Any news on what happened with the Z? Some sort of engine trouble?
Old 04-18-2011, 05:08 AM
dubi2087

Something with the cooling?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:27 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,291 Likes on 1,651 Posts

Rev limit was never set. They blew the motor.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:36 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

D'oh.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:23 PM
christoc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What happened to the other thread that was up regarding AM, that Grant created yesterday?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:26 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by christoc
What happened to the other thread that was up regarding AM, that Grant created yesterday?
Don't know.....
Old 05-03-2011, 09:48 AM
GrandAm350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been there, done that. Our first trip to Daytona our motor blew in qualifying. Connecting rod bolt backed out. We found it in the oil pan. No fun.

Good luck at the next round guys.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Zazz93

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok T'smak this sounds a little better...this way no-one knows what was forgot. However, from what I'm told this ECU's redline settings are a little tricky if your not use-to them.

Should read:

They blew the motor. It was over-rev'ed

Quick Reply: 370z racing in grand-am series