Notices
Body Exterior Body kits, grills, HID kits, etc.

FS: **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim in

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 07:16 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always enjoy getting new cars that have just come out coming by to get vinyl work done. It's like the dealership's showroom is coming to me, instead of me going to it, haha. I had this gray/silver new Audi A7 come by to have me vinyl wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with a matte black finish, which gave it a very nice touch. Matte black was definitely a good choice over gloss black for this car and color combo imo. I wish I had taken some before pictures of this car, to show the before/after, since the chrome dominated such a large area on this car. However, I think I forgot my camera that day or it ran out of batteries. Luckily the owner of this car lived down the street from me in Irvine, so I dropped by to take these pictures and did some vinyl stuff for him at the same time.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-27-2014, 09:23 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

The owner of this Silver Nissan 370z had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black material. He came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. The gloss black tied in nicely with his front windshield and his tinted rear glass. The gloss black roof is relatively a minor change to the car, but overall, changes the look of the car quite a bit.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I forgot to take before pictures of this car, but I think most of you can imagine how it looked like before with the stock silver roof. The owner of this silver Nissan 350z coupe had me wrap the roof of his car with my matte black vinyl material. Most go with the gloss black look, so this is good for those who wanted to see what a matte black roof looks like on a Z. He drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done from Los Angeles.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

The owner of this brand new white Lexus IS350 sedan brought his car by to have me vinyl wrap his roof with my gloss black vinyl material. He was from Orange county as well and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work done. The car was still stock, but I think the gloss black roof still went fairly well with the car. The gloss black roof still maintains a factory clean look.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

In addition to vinyl wrapping, I have started offering plasti dipping services.

I did quite a bit of work on this Black Mercedes Benz E350 blutech. I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim, lower chrome door pieces, and rear trunk chrome bar with my gloss black vinyl material, lightly smoked/tinted the tail lights, plasti dipped the wheels, rear badges, and front grill. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the front grill after I was done. The owner of this car came from San Diego up to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work and plastidip work done on his car.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - Passenger/right side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

On cars that are slightly darker, the 3M matte carbon fiber dinoc material gives the car a very subtle look from far away and only until you get up close to do you see or notice the actual weave of the carbon fiber vinyl material. The owner of this grey/silver BMW 335i coupe had me wrap his roof with the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber material. He drove out from Garden Grove to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to get the work done. He also had me paint his antenna matte black to go along with the roof, somewhat similar to how the factory BMW M3 antennas are gloss black to go with the real gloss carbon fiber roofs.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

For this white 2014 Maserati Ghibli sedan, I vinyl wrapped the roof of the car in my gloss black vinyl material to give it the panoramic roof look. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County, from Los Angeles to have the vinyl work done. Even though the car was brand new, the gloss black roof still changed the look of the car completely to the owner of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-13-2014, 05:51 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I have had quite a few people ask me if I do full car wraps. Yes I do. Here is a Honda S2000 track car that I vinyl wrapped completely in the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber finish. From afar the dinoc material looks like regular flat black, which gives it a very stealth fighter look. However, as you get closer to the car, that’s when you start seeing the pattern and carbon fiber weave better, which is a cool effect imo.

-Don Nguyen

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

The owner of this black Audi Q7 posted some pictures of his car after I worked on it.

Originally Posted by cmarshack
I had the pleasure of meeting Don last week and had him wrap the chrome trim on my Q7 as well as Plastidip my grill surround, both in matte black. It is nice that he has experience with both products as they both have their benefits in different applications. Don felt that the bend on the grill surround in too deep to wrap without worrying about it peeling from engine heat. He recommended Plastidip and I love how it turned out.

I will go back to Don in the future and highly recommend him is you need any vinyl wrapping or Plastidiping...

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-17-2015, 06:13 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I have had more people tint their head lights recently, since the film that I use is fairly light, it doesn’t affect the light output of the head lights (or tail lights) as much as darker films would. I lightly smoked/tinted the headlights on this black BMW F10 535i sedan. I took some comparison pictures inside and outside, to show how in darker lighting, the tint/smoke shade is more obvious, but out in sunlight, it blends in with the rest of the car and almost disappears. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the tinting work done on his car.

Before:

Left/passenger side stock - Driver/right side smoked/tinted:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-21-2015, 08:53 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

The owner of this car is another previous return customer of mine. He brought his white BMW E60 M5 by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material to give it the panoramic roof look. The gloss black roof really tied the look of the car together, since the car had other gloss black accents/pieces on it already. The owner of this car was in Orange County as well and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. I took some close up pictures at the side and front edges of the roof, since I had a couple of people ask for me to post some more pictures of those areas.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-30-2015, 08:33 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

The owner of this white Ferrari FF coupe has had several of his previous cars worked on by me in the past for different vinyl wrap projects. *For his Ferrari FF, we went with the my gloss black vinyl materials for the roof of his car to give it a panoramic roof look and also give it a more aggressive look. *Even though the car already stands out from other cars, the gloss black roof really changed the look of the car even more in a positive way. *The owner of this car was local to me in Yorba Linda and came out to my shop in Orange County to have the vinyl work done. *Also, the purple hue in the pictures was because this car was finished just as the sun was going down and the lighting of the sky was a bit purpleish that day, which translated over into the pictures.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-16-2015, 12:46 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Here is something slightly different from the typical chrome that I wrap on most cars. The owner of this black Mercedes Benz CLA45 AMG had me vinyl wrap the chrome pieces on the top of his door handles with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material. The owner of this car was from South Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. I think this finish and look went well with the darker/black color of the car, since it got rid of the chrome on the door handles, but at the same time giving it a slightly different look than just color matching the pieces to the rest of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

The owner of this car worked down the street from us in Anaheim Hills over at VMR wheels. He brought his car by to have me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim on his Alpine White F22 235i 2 door coupe. We went with gloss black on his window trim to give it the factory OEM look. Before blacking out the chrome window trim, it stood out quite a bit. After applying a gloss black vinyl film over it, it toned it down, complimenting his tinted windows fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-22-2015, 10:38 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I had some people request for pictures of how it looks like if the side roof rails were not done. For this grey/silver BMW E92 335i coupe, I blacked out the roof with my gloss black vinyl material, to give it the panoramic roof look. In addition to the roof, I also applied a clear yellow film to the fog lights of the car. The gloss black roof maintains a factory OEM look and on a darker colored car, it creates a nice subtle effect and change to the car. The owner of this car came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-25-2015, 12:35 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

This is a bit different, but I know you guys seeing more pictures of various and different type of wrap jobs than the regular roof, trim, etc wraps. I did a partial car wrap for the top half of this 2013 white Land Rover LR4 HSE. For this car wrap, we did the top half of the car in 3M 1080 gloss black vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car said that it’s suppose to resemble how the new Range Rover Autobiography editions come from the factory. I took two pictures of the during vinyl wrapping process, to show you guys how what it looks like during the transformation. The owner of this car was in Irvine and came out to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the car wrap done for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 03-03-2015, 08:23 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

From big car wrap jobs to small car wrap projects, we do them all. The owner of this brand new Estoril Blue BMW F30 335i sedan came by to have me apply a gloss black vinyl car wrap to the lower side portions of his front bumper. This gave it a black front splitter effect, but maintaining the stock factory OEM BMW lines and curves of the bumper. The advantage to this as well is that it is completely reversible without any affects on the paint. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 03-16-2015, 06:37 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

The owner of this blue E92 M3 has had me do several of his cars in the past before as well. This time he brought me his car to have me lightly smoke/tint the tail lights on his car. Sorry for the before/during pictures, the lighting wasn't as good, but hopefully you can see how the tail lights look like in the after pictures. The owner of this car was around Newport Beach are and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have the tint work done. It's a fairly light shade, which gives it a very factory look.

Before:

Driver/left side stock - passenger/right side tinted:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 03-24-2015, 08:04 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I had some people ask me what a carbon fiber roof on a black car look like, so here are some pictures.

Here is a black BMW E90 335i that I vinyl wrapped the roof with the 3M di-noc carbon fiber material. The owner of this car was from around the LA area and drove out to me in Orange County to have the vinyl work done. I had also vinyl wrapped his window trim in matte black a while back as well. It's not very noticeable in the pictures, but the mirror caps were real carbon fiber, as a reference point for how the vinyl compares to real carbon.

-Don

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 04-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I did this Audi TT back in my trip to norcal in December. The owner of this car drove out to me in San Jose to have the grey portion of his rear diffuser and lower front bumper splitter in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber. The pictures of the rear diffuser did not come out as good, since the car was facing towards the sun. However, in the pictures of the front splitter, you can really see the weave and pattern of the carbon fiber vinyl in the sunlight fairly well. These small changes to the car still changes the look of the car quite a bit and is nothing something that is noticeable right away, but still gives it a sportier look.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com

Quick Reply: FS: **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim in