Notices

Spyder lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 11:30 PM
OneBoostinZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spyder lights

Alright guys.. i have a set of spyder headlights and taillights and installed the new tails today. everything was working good but all of a sudden all of my leds on my drls stopped working. only thing i did was wash the car which im assuming since i had to splice the wires on the harness to my tailights to connect the drls possible shorted or burned something up? as i said everything was working fine even after i washed the car the lights were still on and working fine it was about 6 hours later when i got in the car that i noticed not just my tails but also my head lights led drls were out. signals high beams still work... my low beams havent been working for a while i have been waiting on new ballasts to arrive to see if it is that or a wiring issue within the car. I did check my fuses and all of them appeared to be fine but it was dark outside when i inspected and will re inspect tomorrow morning. any help advice would be appreciated if i am missing anything out feel free to let me know and i will provide whatever info is needed! Please help thank you
Old 04-08-2017, 02:45 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

They're crap, throw them in the trash. Sorry to be so blunt.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:06 AM
OneBoostinZ

Thanks for your opinion but that is not helpful one bit so take your negative comments to someone else.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:45 AM
dcains

You're hardly the first to get taken by purchasing the Spyder lights. They don't work for anyone, and always end up in the trash. Just trying to save you some time and minimize your losses. Search, and you'll see. If you can't afford the OEM Bi-Xenons from the '07> cars, look at the Depo version, which are a suitable replacement and get very good reviews. These:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-BI-XENO...72619574989?f\

Again, use the search function to see some threads about these, what's necessary for install, and for the mods that are possible.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:53 AM
OneBoostinZ

now that is much more appreciated info. i did and have searched them my car is an 05 and i just loved the spyder headlight style over the other ones personally so that is why i went with them. and yes of course i saw that SOME had issues with them and as well some that worked perfectly fine. my headlights were 100% good until after the tail lights were installed and were good up until 1day later is when both DRL leds on front and back lights went out. the issue im having now is that the wire is just not sending any current to the leds checked my fuses and the ones that are to my lights are all showing up fine
Old 06-18-2017, 09:07 AM
v11brad

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No issues with LED tails

I,ve had no problems with the spyder led taillight conversion on my 2003 .Simple procedure .Purchased in 2016 they came with a plug and one bare wire that soldered to an existing socket terminal, followed with a foam wrap on the loose wires to prevent chafeing, simple as that ,everything works perfectly.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:11 AM
dcains

This thread is about the Spyder headlights.