Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Can anyone compare please the Tein CS coilovers to the Tein SS coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 12:26 PM
yacoub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can anyone compare please the Tein CS coilovers to the Tein SS coilovers?

I used to run Tein SS on a previous car and found they rode GREAT. Very smooth, enjoyable ride quality considering they were coilovers. BUT they often bottomed out (slammed their bumpstops) going over certain sudden changes in road angle at speed.

I am interested in coilovers for my G Coupe but I want to know if the CS are going to be strong enough to keep the car up and not bottom or hit bumpstops the way the SS did, or if I need to get FLEX to avoid that and deal with their super-stiff ride quality as the trade-off?

How do the CS compare/differ in rate to SS model coilovers on a same model vehicle? I don't think SS are made for the Z/G but there are bound to be some cars out there that Tein offers both the SS and CS for. Anyone got a link to compare spring rates between the two?

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2004, 01:01 PM
NismoGCoupe

I have the CS's and I love them it has a very smooth ride, it has a bit of improvement over stock handling when adjusted to a stiffer setting. If your planning to go to the track with you car go with the flexs if you have no intention on tracking your car like me but looking to have a little fun on the roads go with the CS's you wont be disappointed. I also recommend getting the EDFC, im not sure if you can use them on the SS's or not but you can get them on the flex's or cs's
Old 12-07-2004, 02:37 PM
yacoub

Okay thanks, so CS sound like they will work fine. I need to ride in a G Coupe with FLEX though to really know how they ride.