Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

new nismo adjustable sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 03:28 PM
jcpeyton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new nismo adjustable sway bars

I've been shopping long and hard for a good price on a complete nismo suspension kit, rejecting stillen 3position and hotchkis 3 position sway bars because they void the warranty. Now I see posted @performance nissan a set of adjustable nismo bars for $875. That's right, $875. The stillen bars are $289; the hotchkis bars are $279. Hotchkis stats are + 9%/ +32%/+63% front and +54%/+92%/+146% rear. I REALLY want to modify the suspension on my 2004 Roadster, but I'm beginning to feel a little ripped off by nismo--offering the same adjustable bar w/ no stats for alomost 4x the price. Kinda makes me wonder about the rip off level on the shocks and springs. Advice, guidance, Please. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:32 PM
ZBoater

The "value" of NISMO parts has been debated to death - its pretty much been decided that you can get just as good or better cheaper somewhere else. This goes for almost every NISMO part available. Having said that, if you get bitten by the NISMO bug, the car looks and performs AWESOME. I have the NISMO swaybars and suspension, and although they are not adjustable they suit me just fine.

NISMO has a set of cats for $1200. I got my Kinetix for $300. Am I going to rip out my Kinetix for the NISMO's. Heeeeeeeeeeck no! But if you shop around, look in eBay, etc., you can save some money. I got the NISMO headers for $600 shipped on eBay, and the suspension kit for $1000. If you are concerned with warranty issues, you will need to stick to S-tune NISMO stuff. All the really cool NISMO stuff (like air intake, headers, cams, etc.) is all R-Tune stuff which has no warranty anyway. I really wouldn't worry about the warranty too much - if you spend $200 on sways and they "fail", get yourself another set and forget about it. Now, if something happens to your car that could be blamed on the aftermarket part, you are in deeper doo doo. Such is the life of modders....

Last edited by ZBoater; 01-16-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:37 PM
westpak
SFZCC

What you need to look at is what in your warranty will be voided by the modification, and the swaybars really should not come into play with any warranty issues.

Now if you want to stay with Nismo get their non adjustable ones, they were a geat improvement and really think if you are going to be adjusting your swaybars anyway, fewer things to adjust menas fewer things to have to think about.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:43 PM
jcpeyton

Originally posted by ZBoater
The "value" of NISMO parts has been debated to death - its pretty much been decided that you can get just as good or better cheaper somewhere else. This goes for almost every NISMO part available. Having said that, if you get bitten by the NISMO bug, the car looks and performs AWESOME. I have the NISMO swaybars and suspension, and although they are not adjustable they suit me just fine.

NISMO has a set of cats for $1200. I got my Kinetix for $300. Am I going to rip out my Kinetix for the NISMO's. Heeeeeeeeeeck no! But if you shop around, look in eBay, etc., you can save some money. I got the NISMO headers for $600 shipped on eBay, and the suspension kit for $1000. If you are concerned with warranty issues, you will need to stick to S-tune NISMO stuff. All the really cool NISMO stuff (like air intake, headers, cams, etc.) is all R-Tune stuff which has no warranty anyway. I really wouldn't worry about the warranty too much - if you spend $200 on sways and they "fail", get yourself another set and forget about it. Now, if something happens to your car that could be blamed on the aftermarket part, you are in deeper doo doo. Such is the life of modders....

Thanks, ZBoater, I was really hoping you'd reply. I'm financially challenged, and MARRIED, so price is always a big issue. I just don't understand why nismo needs to be almost 4x the price of the competition for what seems to be the same product. Makes me rethink the whole issue.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:53 PM
jcpeyton

Originally posted by jcpeyton
Thanks, westpak, it's been 20+ years since I've had a sports car and I want t improve my Roadster the best I can @ the best price--I've still got 2 kids in college. You're probably right--warranty issues matter less on this type of part. My concern regards the OTHER nismo s tune parts. Are the shocks/springs @ $1400 +/-
are a better value than all the other similar products @ MUCH less $.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:54 PM
jcpeyton

Thanks, westpak, it's been 20+ years since I've had a sports car and I want t improve my Roadster the best I can @ the best price--I've still got 2 kids in college. You're probably right--warranty issues matter less on this type of part. My concern regards the OTHER nismo s tune parts. Are the shocks/springs @ $1400 +/-
are a better value than all the other similar products @ MUCH less $.
Also, westpak, sorry I forgot to mention, your cars look terriffic.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:32 PM
daveh

What you're looking at is the SCCA T2 sway bar package. They're the 350evo bars with heim jointed drop links. They are not a nismo s-tune part and will not be warrantied.
Having said that, I had the hotchkis and now have the 350 evos. You can't go wrong with either of them. Even the nismo s-tunes will have a noticeable difference.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:35 PM
ZBoater

Thanks, ZBoater, I was really hoping you'd reply. I'm financially challenged, and MARRIED, so price is always a big issue. I just don't understand why nismo needs to be almost 4x the price of the competition for what seems to be the same product. Makes me rethink the whole issue.
Well, going NISMO all the way is very EXPENSIVE. If you shop smartly you can get NISMO things cheaper, but there is always something cheaper. I, however, am a BRAND SUCKER. Yes, I admit it, I got bitten by the NISMO bug. That is why I am saving up for the cams, the flywheel and the LSD. But it will be a while before I am done because of the price. I could do it sooner if I went another route, but I'd rather wait and stick with NISMO.

All I can say is that you won't be disappointed going the NISMO route - it looks and performs AWESOME!!!!

Old 01-17-2005, 08:55 AM
ZBoater

This is not sways, but a perfect example: on the flywheel -

Here is a link for a place that sells the flywheel for $809. That is their "Sales price".

http://www.hopupracing.com/nirni35fl.html

Performance Nissan sells it for $500, and 10% discount for forum members. So around $450 + shipping.

I just snagged a brand new NISMO flywheel on ebay for $400 (shipping included). I also got the NISMO headers for $600 and the NISMO S-tune suspension for $1000 in eBay.

Shop around and you can find youself some deals!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 01:33 PM
zillinois

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sport Compact Car has a project 350z and they just put the NISMO suspension on and it actually slowed down through the slalom and pulled less g's.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:12 AM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They didnt use the Nismo Motorsport sway bars.
The Motorsports Nismo sways are part of the aprroved package for the 350Z in SCCA T2 club racing.