Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

installation cost for s tune suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 04:48 PM
jcpeyton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installation cost for s tune suspension

I got what seems like a good price on s tune suspension (no sways, which I already have) of $1,250, free shipping. Trying to stick w/ the warranty program, I got a quote from my nissan dealer of $1000 to install.
This seems VERY high to me. Any owners who did not do their own install, what did you pay??
I have neither the skills nor tools to do it myself, but don't want to get ripped off by my local dealer.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:21 PM
dnguyent

Too bad you live in AZ. I replaced my front and rear springs by myself in about four hours, and I took my time (first timer). I believe it would take me about the same amount of time to remove and install all the springs and shocks since I know how to do it now. A real mechanic should be able to replace everything in three hours tops...which should amount to $250-$300.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:24 PM
jcpeyton

Thanks for the reply. I wish we were geographically closer; we could hook up, do the job, and I'd learn something. The prices you suggest are a lot closer to what I anticipated. I think I'll shop the job around locally, and forget about the dealer. Thanks again.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:13 PM
jcpeyton

Just a follow-up. I found a local mechanic w/ a lot of muscle car/track experience to install for $250 or less. He also agreed to replace my stock sway bar bushings (I installed Stillen adjustables 1 month ago using stock) with Prothane bushings (purchased separately) as part of the install.
Thanks to dngunyent for the input.