Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Eibach and SPC alignment kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 02:45 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Eibach and SPC alignment kits

i tried to do a search for the eibach alignment kits to no avail. but, after getting off the phone with an eibach representative, i learned that the eibach kit is EXACTLY the same as the SPC alignment kits. turns out that eibach works with spc to develop these kits. the part #'s are even almost similar! the guy was lookin' at the spc catalog while he was on the phone with me. the eibach kit MSRP is $291 while the spc is around $125 per wheel, so it's pretty comparable.

this is from eibach's site and this is from the spc site (the image below was from spc's site):

it came as a surprise to me, and didn't know if anybody else knew about this, so if i'm beating a dead horse, i apologize i know there are people that installed the spc kit, but the idea of having to drill, eh

n1cK!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:51 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The drilling is to acomodate the larger cam bolt for the toe adjustment. Since the bolt is larger, you have to elongate the hole some to allow for the movement of it. ANY larger adjustment cam bolt solution will require you to elongate the hole. The hole is already elongated, you are just making it a little longer for the better adjustment range, thats all.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:25 PM
protocav

nick,
check out my website. we can talk when you get down to SD.

Chad
Old 03-31-2005, 08:52 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Talking i know...

but even the fact that you have to make it a little longer, therefore modifying the frame, jus' doesn't sound all that hot to me, that's all. for my application, it's jus' not worth it to do that kind of modification. i'm not dropped >1in, and i plan to keep it that way. i was jus' pointin' out the fact that the eibachs and spc's were the same and it surprised me

protocav, i understand that you have done a lot of installs of the spc kit. i've heard/seen posts around the forums about you. that's cool. maybe i'll see you at one of the meets on tuesday or somethin'. i'll be movin' down there after the 7th.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:26 AM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Chad, great write ups. I wish I had seen the one on the arms before. I think this would work the same for the Kinetix arms, right?

Great pics also.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:50 AM
protocav

hey nick,
i understand your apprehension to cut the frame, believe me. i am certainly not trying to force you to do it, don't get me wrong. i just know that it is the only way to do it properly. the toe rods, as they are called (even though they don't adjust toe) are not the answer.

Chad
Old 04-02-2005, 10:22 AM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Lightbulb duh...

now i see, check out the other thread. posting in two places at once with the same title is confusing