Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Help with Kinetix Upper control arms.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 10:22 AM
jeepman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Kinetix Upper control arms.

ok...here is the deal. I ordered the the Kinetix upper control arms for the front, the SPC camber/toe kit for the rear, along with some Hotchkis springs.

From what I can find, the Kinetix arms are a "bolt on" solution, with no drilling required. While the SPC camber kit will require some drilling.

Took the car to the shop today to get all of this installed. The guy doing it does not like the Kinetix, because from what we can tell, the knuckle will have to be drilled. As you can see from the pics the stock bolt is much smaller than the ones that come with the Kinetix arms. The Kinetix arm is such larger in diameter, and from what we can tell would require drilling in order to fit the stock knuckle, thus making the stock knuckle weaker. Are we missing something? or what?

And as far as the SPC kit...it looks to us like it will bolt right on, no drilling required.

Here is a thread which talks about the parts I ordered, and links to the product.

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...hlight=hotchkis
Attached Thumbnails Help with Kinetix Upper control arms.-image_091.jpg   Help with Kinetix Upper control arms.-image_092.jpg  
Old 07-07-2005, 10:27 AM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No it doesn't require drilling, but you do have to remove the black rubber insert in the knuckle. I have them on for months now and they did NOT require drilling and yes, that bolt is way wider...

I didn't like removing the black rubber insert, but once properly torqued the Kinetix arm stays good and tight.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:29 AM
jeepman

sweet! thanks. I bet he would have noticed that if he would have taken it apart.

thanks again.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:44 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's ok. My shop didn't like mine either. But, once installed and aligned, I haven't had any problems with them at all.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:39 PM
sflg35
Sponsor
KP Technologies

just got my kinetix arms today
gettin them installed tomorrow

do you guys have anymore pictures of install of them or any tips since they didnt come with any instructions?

thanks