Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

GT Spec Lower Bars, any reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 09:01 PM
mandm177

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT Spec Lower Bars, any reviews?

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=2465

just wondering if anyone has bought these, and if they really help. thanks...
Old 07-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

do some searching.....
Old 07-25-2005, 08:02 PM
ssc

i was gonna get those but.....the front ones wont work if you get a bigger oil pan or oil pan spacer.....and the rear lateral ones wont work on certain exhausts
Old 07-26-2005, 07:45 AM
Tony@Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

I posted about this a long while ago, so i'll update:
I have all three back on my car currently.
The front lower tie brace only has issues with clearance if you run a larger oil pan or oil pan spacer. The tie brace will fit with the plastic under engine cover as well. And will fit G35s.

The rear lower tie brace works on Z and G, no clearance issues.

The rear lower lateral bar only fits with MOST true dual exhausts. I say MOST because i have not test fit the bar on all dual exhausts. I have right now the HKS hi-power TI and it fits with tons of clearance. It will also fit Injen, as i know since I used to have it. people have also said it fits with borla and greddy, but I'm not 100% sure.
It will not fit with single pipe stock style exhausts. If the piping you run is different or custom, then it might work.

Performance review:
I installed these bars when I had my injen exhaust about a year ago, with no other suspension mods at the time. It was all stock. I noticed a good increase in the turn in response of the car, and also noticed that the car really handled the exit much nicer. Needless to say these are a very nice upgrade.

I then took off the rear lateral bar due to me swapping out to a JIC exhaust single exit single canister with large piping, and the rear lateral bar would not clear. I did notice a decrease in performance during the turns etc..
Now that I have the HKS exhaust, I put the bar back on, and again, i noticed a good increase. The two bars that make the most difference IMO are the rear lateral bar and the front tie brace. But anytime you add bars to the car where there are none, you are helping create a stiffer chasis, and thus will help in the handling DEPT.

The fit:
These bars have a perfect fit, there is no fitment issues unless you have one of the above mentioned scenarios.

I tested all these parts out prior to listing them on our site, and I really believe in them. The only downside is that they can't keep up with demand, and are constantly on backorder due to production delays.
However if anyone is interested in them and wants to order them with us, PM me or IM me online for product updates.

FYI the pics of the bars on our site are actually installed on my car, and show how much clearance there is with a true dual exhaust.....
Old 07-26-2005, 08:02 PM
mandm177

thanks...thats exactly wat i wanted to know!
Old 09-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

I've got a set on the way...will be going on along with some Hotchkis sways. Can't wait for the night/day difference these 5 bars will make!