Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Camber

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 10:34 AM
LiLxDooD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber

Well i was just walkin towards my car today from the back, it looked like i have kinda bad camber issues. Then i look at pictures of some of your cars, seems like everyone has camber issues like that. With only the rear wheels kinda having some neg. camber. Then i look on my right side, looks like i have more neg camber on that side then the left. is that possible? is it bad? Does everyone here have bad camber? and finally whats usually the best camber kit for the rear?
Old 10-01-2005, 11:45 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I’m not sure what you mean by “bad camber.” If the Z is stationary, you’re seeing “static” camber under load. So it doesn't matter what camber “looks” like.

Secondary consideration is camber when the Z is moving in straight line.

Primary consideration is “tire contact” when the Z is in a turn. The outside rear tire will “tuck in” and hopefully maintain maximum contact with the road surface. The idea set-up for handling is NOT ideal for tire wear. Negative camber is good for handling, but poor for straight line tire wear. For a race set-up, -3 degrees may be desirable. For the street, -1 degree is acceptable.

Every suspension set-up is a compromise between handing, street civility and tire wear. I hope that answers your question.