Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

My alignment numbers. Few Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Cronic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My alignment numbers. Few Questions.

Installed 350z stech on my g35 with SPC toe bolts and camber arms. Here are my numbers.

Front L:-1.7----R:-1.8

Rear L:-1------R:-.8

Toe- +3----+4
Rear+.66---+.55

They said they couldnt get my rear toe back to spec Spec is .22. The spc rear bolts seemed to give a ton of adjustment so i dont really get it. Is that amount of toe an issue or should i just leave it? Anything else i should ***** about?

D-
Old 10-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Id rather have toe in spec, and be at -2 for rear cambe,r than have good camber and have toe be so off. Im not sure if that toe would really prematurely wear out your tires a lot faster but I know for sure they should have given you in spec toe and let the camber sit where it needed to sit.

On the Z's stock suspension design, and with arms and toe bolts, as they get camber from negative to more positive the toe will become more negative. If they get toe in spec they make camber more negative (ouot of spec), so imo they should have adjusted the other way around. Keep an eye on your rear tires for feathering over the next hundred miles, thats what bad toe will do.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:54 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
Id rather have toe in spec, and be at -2 for rear cambe,r than have good camber and have toe be so off. Im not sure if that toe would really prematurely wear out your tires a lot faster but I know for sure they should have given you in spec toe and let the camber sit where it needed to sit.

On the Z's stock suspension design, and with arms and toe bolts, as they get camber from negative to more positive the toe will become more negative. If they get toe in spec they make camber more negative (ouot of spec), so imo they should have adjusted the other way around. Keep an eye on your rear tires for feathering over the next hundred miles, thats what bad toe will do.
Werd...

Thats a lot more positive in the back then mine. I have 10k miles on my Bridgestone S-03 Pole Positions with the following settings and they are doing BEAUTIFULLY...even wear and lasting very well even with all the craziness I've put my car through. Consider this:

Camber

Front Left: -1.6 Front Right -1.5

Rear Left: -1.5 Rear Right -1.5

Toe:

Front Left -.05 Front Right -.05

Rear Left 0.0 Rear Right 0.0