Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

want to be at these alignment specs. how much to lower?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 11:03 AM
loose_z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want to be at these alignment specs. how much to lower?

the car has hks hipermax rs coilovers lowered 3/4" and no other aftermarket suspension parts. i haven't gone for an alignment yet but does anyone know about how much to lower it to get at these following specs.

front:
-1.5 camber
0 toe

rear:
-2 camber
3-5mm toe in

basically, i'm trying to get to these settings without using any adjustable links and just adjusting the coilovers. i know the front toe can be adjusted but i will pony up for the spc kit if i can't get the rear toe to where i want it. any ideas on how much i should lower the car?
Old 04-21-2006, 01:57 PM
1nate7

I think you will be pretty close where you are now. You might have to lower it another 1/4" to 1/2" or so. If you are happy with the ride height as is, I would just take it in and see where you are at.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:09 PM
sfarrah

Why do you want more camber in the rear than the front?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:45 PM
loose_z33

Originally Posted by sfarrah
Why do you want more camber in the rear than the front?
car is being setup for drift. i was told by a friend (formula d/d1 driver who has experience in driving s13's, fc's, fd's and z's) that this is a good starting point for alignment and will feel the best while "in drift." also, doesn't factory alignment specs call for more camber in the rear? so if i drop the car the same amount at all four corners, the rear should have more camber then the front, right?

oh btw, i see you have a connection with spl, the reason i wanted to try and get to these alignment specs without any adjustable links is because i was going to wait for their new arms. they look real good. any idea when they will be finished?
Old 04-26-2006, 05:46 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would just get some kind of camber arms/toe bolts and fine tune with that. If your serious about drifting your gonna need it in the future...
Old 06-13-2006, 07:27 PM
3five0_GT

Look at these.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=1167
Old 06-14-2006, 04:58 PM
sfarrah

Originally Posted by loose_z33
car is being setup for drift. i was told by a friend (formula d/d1 driver who has experience in driving s13's, fc's, fd's and z's) that this is a good starting point for alignment and will feel the best while "in drift." also, doesn't factory alignment specs call for more camber in the rear? so if i drop the car the same amount at all four corners, the rear should have more camber then the front, right?

oh btw, i see you have a connection with spl, the reason i wanted to try and get to these alignment specs without any adjustable links is because i was going to wait for their new arms. they look real good. any idea when they will be finished?
I'm no expert at drifing(only did it once so far) but I wouldn't personally want a ton of camber in the rear as you'll wear through tires even faster than usual. I chewed up a set in a one day event with about -2 to 2.5 degrees of camber.
A friend of mine (John Yim-now drives for Enjuku) recommended a race setup for drifting as he felt it gave him the best control and balance once you break the tires free. Typical race alignment would be 2-3 degrees front camber and about half of that in the rear.

As for the SPL arms, they are still in R&D but I would guess another month or so and they should hit the market.