Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

A good place for AFFORDABLE big brake upgrades!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 08:53 PM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up A good place for AFFORDABLE big brake upgrades!!

This site http://www.precisionbrakescompany.com/custom.html has been making big brake kits for a while for just about every car from brembo, Wilwood, and DBA components and can make any of the kits listed for the 350Z as well. Their stuff WORKS
Old 03-23-2003, 09:45 PM
z461

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So are they making a kit or do you just tell them the specs from brembo or stoptech??
Old 03-23-2003, 09:55 PM
krinkov

when I talked to them they already had a Skyline kit that should be easy enough to transplant to the Z. as far as "specs" all components listed stay the same, the only part that changes ar ethe caliper brackets that are designed for each car, much the way stoptech/brembo use the same components from car to car and just use a correct bracket for each car.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:19 AM
Moroccan_Mole

they offer group buys!

i wonder if we have enough people that are interested?
even though thier prices are already really good!
Old 03-24-2003, 05:25 AM
DZeckhausen

Originally posted by krinkov
when I talked to them they already had a Skyline kit that should be easy enough to transplant to the Z. as far as "specs" all components listed stay the same, the only part that changes ar ethe caliper brackets that are designed for each car, much the way stoptech/brembo use the same components from car to car and just use a correct bracket for each car.
StopTech does NOT use the same components from car to car. They have a large number of different caliper piston combinations to select from and they track test each new application to make sure the balance is optimum. See: http://www.zeckhausen.com/Testing_Brakes.htm
Old 03-24-2003, 07:17 AM
krinkov

I knew someone was going to say something like this My meaning was that there is no need to give them specs from another manufacturer since the actual components dont change(caliper/rotor) just the brackets are made different for each car. As for pistons Wilwoods are also available with MANY different piston sizes as well that they can choose from dependent on each application.

Look, Im not connected to these people, If you like Stoptech, great, I think they are great too. Im just trying to pass along a place for those that want a brake upgrade without shelling out 2 grand, and the one they list as "combo B" would definitly be an improvment for a non track Z.

Last edited by krinkov; 03-24-2003 at 07:21 AM.