Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Squeaking...new rotors with brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:24 PM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We used to offer this but now that most kits are stocked and ready for immediate shipment, it is not feasable to tear everything open to change the pads out.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:44 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Clipdin wanted to know if my how my PosiQuiets are still doing. I am happy to report I took the Z out last night for a 15 minute drive. Outside temp was 57 degrees. The brakes are still quiet. I believe I heard one tiny squeak during the entire trip.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vo7848
Clipdin wanted to know if my how my PosiQuiets are still doing. I am happy to report I took the Z out last night for a 15 minute drive. Outside temp was 57 degrees. The brakes are still quiet. I believe I heard one tiny squeak during the entire trip.
Great news VO!!! Hey, I took your advice and called brakewarehouse.com and ordered a set for me too! Talked to a guy named Chuck (nice guy) who helped me order them. I ordered the whole set for fronts AND backs. Get this, the specs recommend the Posi Quiet ceramics for the front 4-piston calipers and the semi-metallic (which is what you got) for the rear 2-pistons.

Gonna try to install them this weekend. Not sure if I will install the fronts if the current pads don't squeal....yet????

Thanks again for laying the groundwork and doing all the testing on your brakes man! I'll be glad to buy you a beer or three!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had the stock Brembos on my STi, I used the 104 pads front and rear and was very happy with them. They felt almost as good as stock in terms of bite (the stock Brembo pads are quite good) with almost no dust and no noise whatsoever. I recommend them to people all the time who want a nice inexpensive low noise and dust pad.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:50 PM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by Clipdin
Great news VO!!! Hey, I took your advice and called brakewarehouse.com and ordered a set for me too! Talked to a guy named Chuck (nice guy) who helped me order them. I ordered the whole set for fronts AND backs. Get this, the specs recommend the Posi Quiet ceramics for the front 4-piston calipers and the semi-metallic (which is what you got) for the rear 2-pistons.

Gonna try to install them this weekend. Not sure if I will install the fronts if the current pads don't squeal....yet????

Thanks again for laying the groundwork and doing all the testing on your brakes man! I'll be glad to buy you a beer or three!
Sweet man! Chuck is who sold me my pads too. The front axxis UTL's should be fine. My fronts have never had any problems, even in the cold, but's that's because fronts always bite harder than rears. That is where most braking power comes from. You could try leaving the axxis UTL's on the front and just swap the rears. You'll have better bite with the axxis fronts than the PosiQuiet ceramics.

Glad I could help someone not have to go through the same thing I did...
Old 01-18-2008, 08:14 AM
VO...
Administrator

Default One last update..

Outside temperature dropped to 50 degrees last night. I took the car for a spin. The rear pads are still quiet.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Hey VO, got my pads today, gonna put them on tomorrow. You answered my question. I was wonderin about just changing out the rears and leaving the Axxis up front. Didn't wanna change em out if I didn't have to.

Hey, these things say they are scorched and need no break in?? Did you bed these pads when you put em on? Or can I just slap em on and be done? Then again, not sure if you can try to bed your brake pads if you only swap out the rears????
Old 01-19-2008, 01:02 AM
VO...
Administrator

Hey VO, got my pads today, gonna put them on tomorrow. You answered my question. I was wonderin about just changing out the rears and leaving the Axxis up front. Didn't wanna change em out if I didn't have to.

Hey, these things say they are scorched and need no break in?? Did you bed these pads when you put em on? Or can I just slap em on and be done? Then again, not sure if you can try to bed your brake pads if you only swap out the rears????
If you are only swaping the rears, just replace them. dont worry about any bedding, they dont need it.

So yeah, just slap them in and be done with it.....
Old 01-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Default Ahhhhhhhhhh, music to my ears!!!!

NOTHING!!! Just swapped out my rear pads for the Posi Quiet semi-metallics. NO MOAR SQEALING!!!!! THANK YOU VO!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 12:46 PM
reserved

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is great news! I'm gonna do the same! I've put up with this for 6 months now, hoping it would get better (- which of course it didn't).
Old 01-21-2008, 06:21 AM
VO...
Administrator

NOTHING!!! Just swapped out my rear pads for the Posi Quiet semi-metallics. NO MOAR SQEALING!!!!! THANK YOU VO!!!!!!
Werd! Glad I could help you out man.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:36 PM
HaNkYs_Z

Subscribing, thanks!
Old 01-25-2008, 12:50 PM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by HaNkYs_Z
Subscribing, thanks!
Old 01-25-2008, 12:51 PM
VO...
Administrator

How the brakes? Still sounding good? Mine are. I took the Z out for a late night stroll @ outside temp 42 degrees. Still runs quiet....
Old 01-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

I've heard nothing until today when I heard the slightest of squeeks for less than a second. Soooooo happy!! And since I just swapped out the rears, the fronts are still nice and strong.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:39 AM
VO...
Administrator

I've heard nothing until today when I heard the slightest of squeeks for less than a second. Soooooo happy!! And since I just swapped out the rears, the fronts are still nice and strong.
Cool that's good to hear....
Old 01-28-2008, 06:37 PM
oviedov23

I bought my Z about a month and a half ago and my rear brakes squeal pretty loudly but only when I first start driving like after it stands for a night or so, is that normal in a Z or should I get it checked.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:03 AM
reserved

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have done the same thing (replaced rears only). Took care of the squealing.
Thanks guys
Old 01-29-2008, 05:32 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Originally Posted by reserved
I have done the same thing (replaced rears only). Took care of the squealing.
Thanks guys
Another happy customer.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:39 AM
deanfootlong

my brakes squeal a lot too. its almost time for me to replace the brake pads. i have brembos so do i have to replace my brembo rotors or can to get them turned/cut/resurfaced? usually when i change brakes on a vehicle i always get the rotors turned but now that i have a car with brembos.... whats the general consensus?

PS: my brakes squeal a ton when they get really warmed up after a highspeed brake. thoughts?

Quick Reply: Squeaking...new rotors with brakes?