Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Need brakes...need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 09:45 AM
acelesson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need brakes...need help

Im looking at getting a set of Hawk pads for my 2004 Touring non-brembo. What would be best? HP, HPS, or Ceramic? I really hate squealing brakes and IIRC ceramic ones squeal dont they?
Old 02-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

How much are you looking to spend? Do you want to only upgraded the pads or are you interested in a complete OEM upgrade kit? I suggest checking out the StopTech OEM Stage 1 & 2 upgrades. Both kits include; F&R Axxis Ultimate pads, F&R StopTech Stainless Steel Break Lines, & 3- Bottles of Motul Break Fluid. The Stage 2 kit adds F&R StopTech Rotors, Slotted or crossed Drilled.
I have the StopTech Stage II kit and love it!!! Perfect upgrade for daily driving! I'm not a fan of the Hawk pads. Search a bit more and you'll see not many Z owners have been pleased with them.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:05 PM
acelesson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had Hawks on my tC and they did start to squeal after about 4 months. The Stage 1 upgrade seems cheap enough. Ive never installed new brake lines so I may be a little slow. StopTechs pads are better than Hawks though eh?
Old 02-16-2007, 01:49 PM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pads included with the Stage II upgrade are fine for daily driving, and thats it. I would not recommend them any sort of track/HPDE driving. I was running the ST Stage II until I upgraded to an AP bbk up front, but I still have the lines/rotors/pads in back.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

The pads that are included in the StopTech kits are the Axxis Ultimates. Great pad for daily driving but as SpoilsofWar said, wouldn't recommend that for any type of motorsports.
For a track day pad I'm going to try out the EBC YellowStuff in a couple weeks.