Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Konis/Tokicos

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 06:35 PM
scratch137

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Konis/Tokicos

My question is simple, Which do you prefer, and w/ either of them, can you adjust lowering? I would buy coilovers if i had the cash-money, but i dont, so i want something i can maybe adjust the ride hight slightly, to achieve my desired lower front then rear stance. Front down about 1.5ish and rear down about 1ish, but if i could find something adjustable, then i wouldnt have to "ish" it lol.

Thanks much for your help in advance
Dan
Old 04-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scratch137
My question is simple, Which do you prefer, and w/ either of them, can you adjust lowering? I would buy coilovers if i had the cash-money, but i dont, so i want something i can maybe adjust the ride hight slightly, to achieve my desired lower front then rear stance. Front down about 1.5ish and rear down about 1ish, but if i could find something adjustable, then i wouldnt have to "ish" it lol.

Thanks much for your help in advance
Dan
Neither shock will lower the car on it's own.

Based on your desire I lower 1.5", I highly recommend you go with a coilover system. Since you don't have the funds for that I equally highly recommend that you stike a compromise until the funds are avaliable. Go with less drop on lowering springs. Tein S-tech, RSR, Hotchkis, Swift. Then when you have the funds you can invest in a coilover system that will give you the 1.5" drop your really after.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:34 PM
savefatkids

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have tokico d specs. theres nice stiff ride but handle good. if u have th cash for the konis. i say get the konis
Old 04-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

D-specs will ride softer then oem shocks or stiffer then oem shocks, something that is totally dependent on how the owner chooses to set them to acheive. That is something Koni does not give the ability to do. While both shocks are both valved much superior to oem, paying more for them should be reserved to the certain person that either going to enjoy SCCA, NASA or know's how rebound only adjustablity differ's from double adjustable and wants rebound only adjustablity. You'll get a great shock, but to pay extra for them vs D-specs should only be done by someone that has cause to do so.

I own Koni's again and have driven two G35's that I helped install D-specs on.

I still will point out that for a 1.5" drop, no aftermarket shock is a good idea except for modified Koni's by Truechoice that have shorter cases and piston rod lengths.