Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

getting street/strip coilovers what should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 09:11 AM
THE BARRON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting street/strip coilovers what should i get?

im looking at the KW variant 3 coilovers right now. so thats going to run me about 2k right there and im going to go with the cusco adjustable camber arms. but what do you guys think about the K wubs? should i get them or go with a different setup for street/strip application?
Old 09-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I can't say that I have really concentrated on car setup for the strip. But, from what I do know two things about the KW Varient 3 coilovers are more uniquely suited for the strip then you would normally find in a coilover.

Most coilovers normally have linear springs, The KW springs are progressive, which for my needs I won't touch. To the point it's that feature in the rear that in my mind will be benefit on the strip. The rear spring rate starts out at a much lower rate and goes higher.

The other feature is the Variant 3's ability to adjust rebound and compression dampning seperately, allowing you to dial in more front rebound and less in the rear and being able to set compression dampning so it will be the most productive.

Only other thing I can think if is the fact that I believe that HKS has or will bring to the U.S. a drap racing coilover system. At least I thought I saw that info somewhere.

for compression damping AND rebound damping KW coilovers Variant's 1,2&3
twintube construction,
V1=non adjustable dampning,
V2=adjustable rebound damping,
V3=separate adjustability .
Spring rates Front 485lbs to 525Lbs Rear: 240Lbs to 548Lbs (progressive springs)