MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension-399/)
-   -   Stop Tech Rear BBK. 2 Pot/Cross Drilled. Installed. Lots of Pics.... (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/314404-stop-tech-rear-bbk-2-pot-cross-drilled-installed-lots-of-pics.html)

VO... 11-12-2007 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Haha I wish bro! My rear wheels are 19x11+17 with an 0-disk (deep dish) and I'm running 285s with a -1.5" drop. I don't think I can get any clearance. I think I'll just keep with OE brembos in the back

I think the front 4 piston stoptechs should clear, I'm running R disk fronts - I really want to save up for a set of those fronts, looks nasty! :D...in a good way haha.

PS Wish you were closer I'd ask to see if we could test fit my rear wheels on your car ad see if it would clear?

There's a guy in Houston that is about to part out his car. He's selling his 4-Pot fronts. You might wanna contact him. His screen name is "AroundmyHorn", or something similar. He has a thread in the Texas region. It's under the general section, not the for sale section.

BTW, the Stop Tech website has a sillouette(sp?) you can down load and print. You cut it out and paste it to a piece of cardboard. Then use it to stick inside you rim to check for clearance. This is what I did.

Ashley@Forged 11-12-2007 11:46 AM

VO! (you didnt get the BBK from me, WHY?!) ;) j/k, congrats. looks great.

VO... 11-12-2007 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ashley@Forged
VO! (you didnt get the BBK from me, WHY?!) ;) j/k, congrats. looks great.

Sorry Ashley:( I actually ordered them before your sale went up. I'm make sure and get a bid from you guys on my next purchase...

Ashley@Forged 11-12-2007 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by vo7848
Sorry Ashley:( I actually ordered them before your sale went up. I'm make sure and get a bid from you guys on my next purchase...

haha, no problem! Definitely hit me up with the next purchase :) oh, and if you know anyone looking for one, send them my way!

VO... 11-12-2007 12:00 PM

haha, no problem! Definitely hit me up with the next purchase :) oh, and if you know anyone looking for one, send them my way!

Will do. I'm a "classified" rat. I usually check twice a day. I already have a mental note of what I want, so when I see an add containing it, I'll buy the part spontaneously...

Ashley@Forged 11-12-2007 12:04 PM

Will do. I'm a "classified" rat. I usually check twice a day. I already have a mental note of what I want, so when I see an add containing it, I'll buy the part spontaneously...

Sounds good. I'm a classified junkie too, but only to see who's trying to give me competition :)

Ashley@Forged 11-12-2007 12:07 PM

Side Note:

ANYONE LOOKING FOR BBK'S, SEND ME A PM! ;)

Let me know:
What car - (350Z, G35, G37)
Year -
Factory Brembo or not?
Rotor Size -
Number of pistons -

THANKS!

(Vo, I jacked your thread to promote my business, sorry :) )

VO... 11-12-2007 12:32 PM

(Vo, I jacked your thread to promote my business, sorry :) )

You can paypal royalties to my account... :icon17:

soleil 11-12-2007 12:37 PM

nice val, wish i can afford stoptechs

Ashley@Forged 11-12-2007 12:40 PM

man, there must be alot of people online right now. I've tried to refresh this page several times, everytime it stating that the server was too busy.

VO... 11-12-2007 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by soleil350z
nice val, wish i can afford stoptechs

Thanks bro..:o

Chebosto 11-12-2007 01:03 PM

nice install!

i ended up poppin' off the pressed-in rear dust shield with a chisle, seperated it from the attachment at the hub and cut it off completely.

i hope you like not using the Ebrake if u ever want to drift! hehe.

VO... 11-12-2007 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Chebosto
nice install!

i ended up poppin' off the pressed-in rear dust shield with a chisle, seperated it from the attachment at the hub and cut it off completely.

i hope you like not using the Ebrake if u ever want to drift! hehe.

Yeah I know, I read about that portion.:icon43: It's cool though. I don't plan on doing any drifting anytime in the future. My luck, I'd end up wrecking and totalling out the vehicle...

DMK 11-12-2007 01:40 PM

Yeah I know, I read about that portion.:icon43: It's cool though. I don't plan on doing any drifting anytime in the future. My luck, I'd end up wrecking and totalling out the vehicle...

You lose the ebrake with the 2pot Stoptech setup?

VO... 11-12-2007 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by DMK
You lose the ebrake with the 2pot Stoptech setup?

The hand brake still works to hold you car in a sitting or inclined/declined postion, but Stop Tech adds a disclaimer that the drum will not hold up to hand braking abuse when performing stunts or drifting. I believe it might just be one of those CYA dissclaimers, but what do I really know. :dunno: I wouldn't know the first thing about drifting other than what I seen on F&F3..:icon17:

VO(thought DK stood for Donkey Kong also)

StopTech 11-12-2007 04:02 PM

The reason the parking brake should not be used for drifitng with our rear kit is the change to aluminum hats instead of the factory iron. Aluminim is fine for keeping the car stationary or a rare emergency stop, but it wont hold up to regular use while the car is moving.

fiveninerzero 11-12-2007 04:08 PM

looks great man

AlvinHuyN 11-12-2007 04:23 PM

There's a guy in Houston that is about to part out his car. He's selling his 4-Pot fronts. You might wanna contact him. His screen name is "AroundmyHorn", or something similar. He has a thread in the Texas region. It's under the general section, not the for sale section.

BTW, the Stop Tech website has a sillouette(sp?) you can down load and print. You cut it out and paste it to a piece of cardboard. Then use it to stick inside you rim to check for clearance. This is what I did.

Thanks bro, I pmed him. I can also pick up if it's Houston too :D my girl is back there in December to visit her family :D

Anyway, thanks for the help and I'll also check stoptech's site :D

SuperBlack350z 11-12-2007 04:24 PM

damn, nice brakes.

VO... 11-13-2007 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
damn, nice brakes.

Thanks bro. :thumbup2: