Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Lowering ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:29 AM
jmccartney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering ?

anyone have a link to the exact procedures on lowering a z? I saw a write up on here but can't find it. I have searched high and low
Old 04-20-2008, 09:32 AM
blaukal

you need to go to the suspension forum. you also need to buy shorter springs at a minimum. you should also buy new shocks. that's all for now, my son. there is no "lowering".
Old 04-20-2008, 03:18 PM
yellowlady

i have been looking into this as well. it seems that you either need a new set of springs, or new coilover shocks. to do it properly, however, it seems that you will need to add a few components to allow for properly alligning of the wheels. i have not lowered my Z yet, but have been doing a lot of reasearch on this forum regarding lowering. if anyone can elaborate or give more specifics on the matter, it would be appreciated.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:05 PM
blaukal

probably the easiest thing you two could do would be to search for GSedan35's posts (using the search function, obviously), and browsing through all the information he provides to people that ask specific questions.

you're not really going to get a lot of help out of the forum with general questions that have been asked and answered over and over again, or that can't be answered because there are too many variables. I'm probably going to get banned for being this helpful, but I'm old and tired and I like to help.

Here's the search page: https://my350z.com/forum/search.php?

You can also search for manufacturers / part names, and get good information: Hotchkis; Tokico; Nismo S-Tune; Tanabe; GF210; Tein; Hypermax; Koni, etc.

Sorry but there's no easy answer.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:22 PM
xtrmspd

Originally Posted by yellowlady
i have been looking into this as well. it seems that you either need a new set of springs, or new coilover shocks. to do it properly, however, it seems that you will need to add a few components to allow for properly alligning of the wheels. i have not lowered my Z yet, but have been doing a lot of reasearch on this forum regarding lowering. if anyone can elaborate or give more specifics on the matter, it would be appreciated.
You don't need to buy anything extra to align your wheels, it would just make it easier.

You can go the cheap way and cut your springs. But why? It costs just as much to take the springs out and cut them and put it back on. Just buy lowering springs.

If you want performance, then buy a good set of coil overs (you don't necessarily need coilovers unless you want to adjust your height occasionally). You can buy a good set of shocks and springs if you don't need to mess with raising and lowering.

After all have been said, it doesn't hurt to stop by places that sell aftermarket parts and ask questions. At the same time, it seems you have internet capability, try going to different sites that sell aftermarket parts and read up on it.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:01 PM
jmccartney

Springs installed! The Z is easier to install springs on then a Mustang! Looks good now too!
Old 04-26-2008, 11:21 PM
saberphx

I hate this thred with everythin inside of me. give it up bother, just givre it up...