Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Need camber help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:19 PM
shabz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need camber help!!

Ok so i am lowered on Eibach sportlines with a 1.2" drop... Im also on 275/35/19 in the rear and 245/35/19 in the front.

I am getting -2.0 camber in the rear and looks horrible!.. I know -2.0 may not be considered that much but its really noticeable. Its just the REARS.

Now.. my question is.. what is my CHEAPEST option to bring my rears to -1.0. I just wanna bring them closer to 0. Do i need the camber arms AND toe bolts?... Can i just purchase rear camber arms?... or do i only need the rear toe bolts?...

Also, im looking for the cheapest option.. its only a camber kit that is doing the same thing any other brand camber kit would do... so i dont really care too much for the brand name... i just wanna know what i should buy to make the wheels straight. They look more like //\\... instead of [][].

Would something like THIS work for me?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/02-06-Nissan-350Z...ayphotohosting

Thanks for ur help guys.. im a noob to this stuff and have been searching ALL day
Old 04-23-2008, 02:47 PM
WTX350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well...here it goes.

On your suspension Cheap isn't good. and by good I mean safe.

LCA's will adjust the camber...but any change in camber will also effect the Toe...you may/may not be able to get enough toe adjustment w/o the "Rear toe kit".

Toe is incredibly important (not only for tire wear, but also for handling (grip in general).

So in short...search for reviews on adj. LCA's (rear camber kits.) and find one that gets pos. reviews. (I can't comment on the quality of the ebay part u listed.) Buy one based on quality vs price....not price alone or you'll likely be stuck somewhere far from home with a busted part. (when a suspension piece breaks and your going down the road, its rarely pretty.)

Many alignment shops should have a toe kit that will work on our cars...I know mine did. But you might as well buy it elsewhere if there's any doubt.

You likely need camber kit, toe kit, and Def. a quality 4 wheel alignment.

Another thing you may have issues with is getting your car on an alignment rack....as many of them are above ground and will "grab" ahold of low cars. FWIW watch that
Old 04-23-2008, 05:08 PM
shabz

Bump!!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

That's 100 bucks from Ebay...and it's only camber, No toe bolts.

you can get a good quality SPC rear camber/toe for 140 or 150 shipped from one of vendor here.

-Lee
Old 04-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What appears to be the cheapest option up front, is not always the best option in the long term

So rather than take a chance on a product which I've never seen anyone here use, your best bet is to use the setup that just about everyone does:

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ng&prodid=1314

it's not expensive, it allows for full adjustment of camber and toe, and its been used by thousands of Z owners