Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

TEIN Flex with EDFC Review (yes another)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 06:39 AM
3rdpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up TEIN Flex with EDFC Review (yes another)

Took a while But I finally got my TEIN Flex w/ EDFC installed. My overall satisfaction is an 8.5 out of 10. Great system overall. I dropped the Z until the my 19" iForge rims were tucked and then had to raise it again because I couldn't get in my dang apartment driveway!!!

Performance:

Over stock ride quality I'd definitely say there's a markable improvement through all dampening settings. The highest dampening comes close to stock, however, it just a tab bit more stiff. At the 0 dampening level the car definitely cuts into corners better. There's also a noticeable increase in road pebble noise I've hit a couple turns a bit faster then normal and the Z seems to grip better with no dampening. It sortah cuts into the turns and the tires are a bit less likely to lose grip.

Features:

Well there's no comparision in my opinion. There is no other coilover kit that's going to give you the feature/functionality for THE STREET. These are definitely not track coilovers mind you, however, you could have a little bit of fun at the track with them. The EDFC is going into the ash tray (custom job and pictures to come). It's simple to read and understand with 3 button memory.

I think once I have finished the drop it' look nice, however, be a bit on the higher side from some of the other TEIN systems I have seen. I'd like to pull it down LOW low but just can't. Overall satisfaction is high... this is a great little system and well worth it for any street drivers who are searching for a bit more suspension spunk. Please email if you have questions.

EVO sways, JUN Flywheel reviews to follow soon.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:58 AM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any noises? Many other Tein owners (including myself) are experincing some minor rattling coming from the rear when htting bumps.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:06 AM
3rdpower

I had a VERY loud noise a couple days back - I went back into the installer and he reset everything - rattle went away and no creaking there otherwise.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:18 AM
mannZ

Can you post pics with the setting you have now.

It would be cool to see some pics of it low and tucked but that might be too far out of your way.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:47 AM
FlyingToaster

Hello,

Thanks for the review. I have few questions for you if you do not mind:

Are you using the standard springs that they usually come with (I think they are 560f/560r) or have you chosen a different set?

Have you specified a specific suspension frequency when ordering or just picked the "default" one?

Do you know the net springing effect the Evo bar will have on the TEIN?

Thanks.

Last edited by FlyingToaster; 07-22-2003 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:22 PM
2003z

what are your wheel widths and offsets? It doesn't look like my car could be lowered without rubbing fenders.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:43 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Originally posted by 2003z
what are your wheel widths and offsets? It doesn't look like my car could be lowered without rubbing fenders.
2003z- I'm running 8.5" F, 9.5" R. +22 offset all around. No rubbing issues.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:47 PM
LaoSiFu

The great thing I love about the Tein is the EDFC unit
Old 07-22-2003, 02:32 PM
2003z

Originally posted by failsaf3
2003z- I'm running 8.5" F, 9.5" R. +22 offset all around. No rubbing issues.
Great news! According to the offset calculator, our rear wheels stick out exactly the same to the wheelwell, and my fronts are in 5mm more than yours. Maybe I'll get the eibachs after all!
Old 09-15-2004, 04:34 PM
axxizzer

why not good for the track?

me good no english spreche
Old 04-19-2005, 09:40 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Just had mine installed this last weekend also.

I think even at the highest setting it is considerably stiffer than the stock suspension and handles MUCH better. On the lowest setting the car is unbelievable. Overall a great mod and unlike what some people told me, the Tein Flex will not rattle your teeth.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:32 AM
OvaYahead

Originally Posted by failsafe
Any noises? Many other Tein owners (including myself) are experincing some minor rattling coming from the rear when htting bumps.
Do you think the noise is the bump stubs? I have a bobbing noise in the rear and sometimes the front. I thought it was the bump stops jumping around. I've been looking for some replacement bump stops that fit tightly around the shaft.

please excuse my vocabulary, but I don't know how else to describe it.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Superhung

Originally Posted by failsafe
I have the same noise too.... I think it can be fixed though
Old 04-19-2005, 02:32 PM
thawk408

I would also like to know why you think this suspension is not a good setup for the track? According to everything I have read and heard it should do more then fine on the track.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Mr_Q

Originally Posted by thawk408
I would also like to know why you think this suspension is not a good setup for the track? According to everything I have read and heard it should do more then fine on the track.
Yeah, I mean I've taken my Z with stock tires, brakes and suspension around the track for 5 laps and smoked everyone.

Unless he means for full time racing? For weekend track warriors the EDFC setup is plenty!
Old 04-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr_Q
Yeah, I mean I've taken my Z with stock tires, brakes and suspension around the track for 5 laps and smoked everyone.

Unless he means for full time racing? For weekend track warriors the EDFC setup is plenty!
Sweet! What tracks do you go to? I would love to run against another Z
Old 04-19-2005, 06:14 PM
chaknchngo

Maybe somebody here can help me.. I would like to get Tein Type Flex. But since I work where it requires me to go up driveways and such I wanted to be able to get it as close as to stock height as possible w/ max height setting on the type flex. I do scrape @ stock height from time to time if I don't get it at the right angle. The info below is from their website..it states...

FRONT
Approx Lowering Height Adjust Range
-.87 inches Max 1.34/ Min -2.36
REAR
Approx Lowering Height Adjust Range
-.83 Max .12/ Min -1.3

Does this mean that I can go up +1.34 and down -2.36 from stock height or from the lowered height? Can anybody clear this up for me? If these numbers are correct on the fronts I should @ least be able to go up 0.47 inches higher than stock height right?
Old 04-20-2005, 11:53 AM
chaknchngo

anybody??
Old 07-20-2006, 06:59 AM
Novidem

Default Any body know this ?

Originally Posted by 3rdpower
Took a while But I finally got my TEIN Flex w/ EDFC installed. My overall satisfaction is an 8.5 out of 10. Great system overall. I dropped the Z until the my 19" iForge rims were tucked and then had to raise it again because I couldn't get in my dang apartment driveway!!!

Performance:

Over stock ride quality I'd definitely say there's a markable improvement through all dampening settings. The highest dampening comes close to stock, however, it just a tab bit more stiff. At the 0 dampening level the car definitely cuts into corners better. There's also a noticeable increase in road pebble noise I've hit a couple turns a bit faster then normal and the Z seems to grip better with no dampening. It sortah cuts into the turns and the tires are a bit less likely to lose grip.

Features:

Well there's no comparision in my opinion. There is no other coilover kit that's going to give you the feature/functionality for THE STREET. These are definitely not track coilovers mind you, however, you could have a little bit of fun at the track with them. The EDFC is going into the ash tray (custom job and pictures to come). It's simple to read and understand with 3 button memory.

I think once I have finished the drop it' look nice, however, be a bit on the higher side from some of the other TEIN systems I have seen. I'd like to pull it down LOW low but just can't. Overall satisfaction is high... this is a great little system and well worth it for any street drivers who are searching for a bit more suspension spunk. Please email if you have questions.

EVO sways, JUN Flywheel reviews to follow soon.
Hi all, i don't have much experience about suspensio but i like this solution for my new 350z 2006 .
When it come i like to change the original with this :

http://www.rtec.ch/webshop/product_i...15d29a155966c2

TEIN Super Street Damper inclusive adjustable compression and rebound, upper pillow mounts and adjustable damping force
for Nissan 350Z (QSP24-BVAS3)

What do you think about ? Every impression is appreciate a lot....
And if isn't good this, what's another ??
I USE MY CAR ONLY IN A STREET, NO RACE, NO TRUCK...THANK YOUUUU NOVIDEM
Old 07-20-2006, 07:13 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

tein is a great company with easily some of the best suspension out there. I've had Tein SS-p, Tein Flex, and even Tein S tech springs on my RSX. The Tein flex's are ovsiouly the better of the three but come with a hefty price tag. If you plan to just use your car for street use and daily driving I would suggest the Tein SS-p wth the EDFC.

Quick Reply: TEIN Flex with EDFC Review (yes another)