Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Pics of rear camber arm

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 10:12 PM
CKY881
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of rear camber arm

Hi, im planning on buying some aftermarket rear camber arm and toe arm, and i want to be able to ID them before I buy to make sure im buying the correct parts. Can anyone please post pics of the rear camber arm and toe arm? One of the parts im buying looks like this :

Im not sure if that's the camber arm or the toe arm.

Also a question for people with SPC rear camber kit. When you adjust the toe, are you adjusting it only the SPC toe bolt, or the entire toe arm?

Last edited by CKY881; 08-10-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:02 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

why not just continue the thread you already had going?

no one can tell you what piece that is from the pic as the camber arms and toe arms look the same, just vary by length...why don't you ask the manufacturer.

SPC is a toe bolt and a camber arm

PS - those cheesy endlinks are going to end up making a ton of noise....those look very cheaply made
Old 08-11-2008, 06:45 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Toe arms don't work. I never understood why suspension companies made toe arms as toe can't be properly adjusted from that location. You need the toe bolts already mentioned. And those ends are cheap on those rods. Look into Battle Version camber arms. The rod ends are very high quality and teflon lined. Never need replacing.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
Toe arms don't work. I never understood why suspension companies made toe arms as toe can't be properly adjusted from that location. You need the toe bolts already mentioned. And those ends are cheap on those rods. Look into Battle Version camber arms. The rod ends are very high quality and teflon lined. Never need replacing.
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say they don't work, because they absolutely can...but it takes alot more time to align the car using 2 adjustable arms vs an arm and a toe bolt, and, you have a much narrower window of adjustment range in order for both camber and toe to be set. Given the complexities involved, I'd agree, the camber arm/toe bolt is a far easier, less expensive, easier to work with solution
Old 08-11-2008, 11:47 AM
redlude97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say they don't work, because they absolutely can...but it takes alot more time to align the car using 2 adjustable arms vs an arm and a toe bolt, and, you have a much narrower window of adjustment range in order for both camber and toe to be set. Given the complexities involved, I'd agree, the camber arm/toe bolt is a far easier, less expensive, easier to work with solution
You also affect the rear "caster" with the "toe" arms also though, which IMO means that they don't "work" in changing just toe as they lead people to believe. Toe bolts are the only way to go(or battleversion toe arms for true coilovers or SPL replacement spring buckets)
Old 08-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

yes caster is affected too...by how much though depends on the car itself and the setup. I recently had an alignment done, 25 inch rear height from top of wheel well to the ground, 10 inch rear wheels, +14 offset, 285/30/19 RE050A's, 0 rear toe, down to 1.5 degrees camber, and caster is still in factory spec - but it took me an hour per side to do