Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

anyone here with Swift Spec R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 03:35 PM
fart_canon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question anyone here with Swift Spec R?

if so, are you happy with it? did you have to get a camber kit for the front only?
Old 09-05-2008, 04:57 AM
DerekW

Default Good choice

I like them on my Z (~1yr). The handling is linear and the comfort level is still good for DD. Feel and grip increased as with turn in response, overall a good performance mod IMO. I paired them with Koni yellows, seems like a popular choice with the autoX and some track day guys at the motorsport section on the board. Do a search and you should find many positive comments on these. My front camber is fine, but the rear camber decreased with the Konis (~1.5-2.5) thus increased rear corning grip. With my LSD installed, the rear sticks almost too well in the bend (could be a bad thing for some guys ). I'm a happy customer w/ them.

DW
Old 09-16-2008, 04:40 PM
SS21CA

Just installed mine 2 weeks ago.

So far so good. I thought I might get away w/o a camber kit for the rear but no luck. Other than that, the ride quality is noticably better than stock. Handling has improved and it looks pretty sweet.

Now I'm debating whether the non Spec-Rs would have been easier for daily driving in terms of ride height, but I'm getting use to it. I think I'll be able to post a better response once I auto-x w/ them to get a better idea on how it effected handling. It seems much improved and a bit more neutral. I'm running them w/ Tokico DSP-9s.

Best of luck, Swift makes some quality springs, you can't go wrong.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Gizmo0803

Originally Posted by SS21CA
Just installed mine 2 weeks ago.

So far so good. I thought I might get away w/o a camber kit for the rear but no luck. Other than that, the ride quality is noticably better than stock. Handling has improved and it looks pretty sweet.

Now I'm debating whether the non Spec-Rs would have been easier for daily driving in terms of ride height, but I'm getting use to it. I think I'll be able to post a better response once I auto-x w/ them to get a better idea on how it effected handling. It seems much improved and a bit more neutral. I'm running them w/ Tokico DSP-9s.

Best of luck, Swift makes some quality springs, you can't go wrong.
So you had to get the camber kit then? By any chance, do you have aftermarket wheels? and do you know if you have to roller your fenders after getting a drop like this?
Old 08-19-2009, 05:28 PM
chrisjersey06

Just saw this thread. I have the Swift Spec-R's with Ichiba rear camber arms and toe bolts, riding on 18" LMGT4's with 25mm rear spacers. I definitely needed the rear fenders rolled. Without spacers it would have been fine though.