Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Alignment done! Possible problem with Front Right Camber (specs pic attached)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:08 PM
OliverH22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Alignment done! Possible problem with Front Right Camber (specs pic attached)

So at 16,xxx miles I take my Z for the first Tire change (Falken452 F225/45/18 ; R245/45/18) and alignment. Turns out everything didn't go as good as I thought it would.

ALIGNMENT ISSUE: On the Front Right Camber, the Tech said he was unable to correct and was asking me if I hit something, which I didn't... so I have no idea why it's way off like that. Plus, now I am concerned with the fact that he was unable to adjust it and told me that the dealer probably wouldn't be able to do much about it either.

Just wondering what I should do... car still on warranty.

Also, would like to know if, besides front right camber, all the other specs were about right.
Attached Thumbnails Alignment done! Possible problem with Front Right Camber (specs pic attached)-alignment.jpg  
Old 10-17-2008, 12:34 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

there's no camber adjustment on the front, so unless the tech saw something bent, nothing you can do about it anyhow without buying adjustable A arms. kinda of a mot point now. bad toe will eat your tires and it looks like its within factory specs so thats good news.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:59 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

...Guess I'm one of the blessed ones!!!
____________________________________________________________ ____________
'O4 White Pearl Touring Coupe! 13k! $2O,5OO! NO feathering/alignment issues! No oil-
consumption problem! Flawless AT! NO PROBLEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 05:46 AM
WTX350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, that's strange...from the factory, to be that Neg...I'd be thrilled w/ it if both were 1.5 deg neg.....but no such luck...running more toe in the rear than I would...but I'm slightly paranoid.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well, it's not like the car is factory fresh - alot can happen in 16k miles that you don't always think will throw something off, but sometimes, it just does
Old 10-18-2008, 09:26 AM
OliverH22

As I was driving home yesterday I noticed that the car is pulling slightly to the right when I let off the steering wheel.

Before I could let go and the car would drive straight for a while and if it pulled to one side, it was very very slightly.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:25 PM
RRMikey

OliverH22, is your car lowered? Like the others said, unless you have a front camber arm, you cannot adjust the camber. This is the same case for the rear camber, unless you have a camber kit, there's nothing you can do.

I lowered my car and the front camber is -1.4 left side and -1.5 right ride. I guess that's normal. The only thing I am curious about is why your camber is that different between the left and right in the front?!?! Maybe check the upper a-arm joint to make sure it's tight and no play in it? I donno... worth a try I guess.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:32 PM
WTX350Z

Originally Posted by OliverH22
As I was driving home yesterday I noticed that the car is pulling slightly to the right when I let off the steering wheel.

Before I could let go and the car would drive straight for a while and if it pulled to one side, it was very very slightly.

they may have fixed your tire pressures...and created a "pull"...due to the significant difference in camber...

If you have one side higher than the other, you'll have a pull (referring to tire pressure, the #1 cause of pulls)

I usually agree w/ Adam, but on this one. Its terribly unlikely the car, without being in a wreck (bending parts), would have sustained anything under normal driving that'd cause such a difference in Camber. My bet is this is how it came off the showroom floor...maybe not 100% same, due to normal wear/tear...but there was a sig. difference from one side to the other...unless the car has been in some sort of wreck
Old 10-21-2008, 11:01 AM
OliverH22

My bet is this is how it came off the showroom floor...maybe not 100% same, due to normal wear/tear...but there was a sig. difference from one side to the other...unless the car has been in some sort of wreck
Should I take my chances taking it to the dealer?

Definetly never been in a wreck and not even close to bumbing it hard.
Only time anything happened was when I was parking near a curb and slightly scratched my rims

OliverH22, is your car lowered?
No, the Z is stock, first "mod" to it was exactly this change of tires set.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:12 AM
WTX350Z

Originally Posted by OliverH22
Should I take my chances taking it to the dealer?

Definetly never been in a wreck and not even close to bumbing it hard.
Only time anything happened was when I was parking near a curb and slightly scratched my rims

No, the Z is stock, first "mod" to it was exactly this change of tires set.
well then I'm gonna go with "This is how it came off the showroom floor".
As normal driving simply won't do this.

You might call the local DLRship...telling the service manager the situation...but I have a feeling they'll just try to charge you for the part etc....