Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Photo's of the new PMU 6 Piston Forged Caliper Kit INSTALLED!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Metalaya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCR-Pro rotor shots

The distinctive precision chrome stainless steel studs caught my eye against the teal green billet aluminum. Looks like PMu has more studs than the competitors...
Attached Thumbnails Photo's of the new PMU 6 Piston Forged Caliper Kit INSTALLED!-rotor-mating-flange.jpg   Photo's of the new PMU 6 Piston Forged Caliper Kit INSTALLED!-rotor-studs.jpg   Photo's of the new PMU 6 Piston Forged Caliper Kit INSTALLED!-rotor-thickness.jpg   Photo's of the new PMU 6 Piston Forged Caliper Kit INSTALLED!-venting.jpg  
Old 12-11-2008, 07:44 PM
jduet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice!!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Metalaya

Default Basic Design

I wanted the rather plain-jane look of the nismo rims to frame the "gangsta pimp" look of the brakes. The narrow spokes of the rims reveal as much of the green billet hubs as possible. I really like the way the chrome stainless studs peek out.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Metalaya

Default What did they cost?

You could buy an excellent late-model used car for what I paid...
Old 12-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Metalaya
You could buy an excellent late-model used car for what I paid...
Very true but you still got a hell of deal for these!
Old 12-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Metalaya

Default happy

It is true. Andy did give me a good deal on the brakes.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Metalaya

Default Progress Report

The brakes seem broken in now.

The calipers possess sleeved stainless steel studs that traverse the rotor plane. These sleeves glide loosely on their studs. Stainless clips also affix loosely on the pads. I understand that this method of fitment minimizes conductive heat transfer. The stainless construction looks awsome.

The parts mentioned above rattle when you cross railroad tracks and stuff like that. Which totally does not bother me, but when you first hear it, your taking the wheels off to see what is going on...You're thinking the calipers are going to fall off.

The brakes engage precisely and dramatically. If you had a passenger in a car with these brakes, they would be upset with you, if you got on the brakes hard without telling them.

The pads dust quite a bit. A ferro-carbon, black dust accumulates, in no time...

These brakes cool down very quickly. I can drive around hard to see how hot I can get the brakes, but by the time I get stopped, the brakes have already cooled.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Metalaya
The brakes seem broken in now.

The calipers possess sleeved stainless steel studs that traverse the rotor plane. These sleeves glide loosely on their studs. Stainless clips also affix loosely on the pads. I understand that this method of fitment minimizes conductive heat transfer. The stainless construction looks awsome.

The parts mentioned above rattle when you cross railroad tracks and stuff like that. Which totally does not bother me, but when you first hear it, your taking the wheels off to see what is going on...You're thinking the calipers are going to fall off.

The brakes engage precisely and dramatically. If you had a passenger in a car with these brakes, they would be upset with you, if you got on the brakes hard without telling them.

The pads dust quite a bit. A ferro-carbon, black dust accumulates, in no time...

These brakes cool down very quickly. I can drive around hard to see how hot I can get the brakes, but by the time I get stopped, the brakes have already cooled.
The pads you were supplied with shouldn't dust that bad under normal driving conditions.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Metalaya

Default Dust does not matter

I don't mind the dust at all. With the stock brake calipers I was running the PMu Street Pads, at Andy's suggestion, without any dust problem.

I realize that you have to give and take to get different performance properties out of the brake pads...
Old 12-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Metalaya

Default A few shots

other views
Attached Thumbnails Photo's of the new PMU 6 Piston Forged Caliper Kit INSTALLED!-garage.jpg   Photo's of the new PMU 6 Piston Forged Caliper Kit INSTALLED!-top-down-2-.jpg   Photo's of the new PMU 6 Piston Forged Caliper Kit INSTALLED!-traffic-3-.jpg  
Old 12-17-2008, 12:57 PM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

nice color...

Whoa! is that your kid in the drivers seat in the 3rd pic ^^^

nice brakes btw..
Old 12-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Metalaya

Default Packing Slips in Japanese

These inscriptions are interesting...
Attached Thumbnails Photo's of the new PMU 6 Piston Forged Caliper Kit INSTALLED!-front-packing-slip.jpg   Photo's of the new PMU 6 Piston Forged Caliper Kit INSTALLED!-rear-packing-slip.jpg