Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Fast Intentions Exhaust rubbing rear sways?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 04:39 PM
K-man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast Intentions Exhaust rubbing rear sways?

Not sure how guys are running FI's, so I'm not sure if this is common. I've been noticing some rear vibrations. My Nissan dealer took a look and said it was my FI sitting on my sways. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions or recommendation on other rear sways to fix this?
Old 01-05-2009, 12:07 PM
KS0385

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it. No problems for me.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:03 PM
black07nismo

i purchased a stillen exhaust and mine did the same thing. in the morning it actually hit the sway bar and sounded like a barrel stuck under the car. i tried everything. the only thin that worked was having the pipe cut and a new section put in the arched over the sway bar. the stainless pipe was like 65 dollars and the labor was around 50. no problems anymore. stillen was no help with this problem. they said that every car is a bit different.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:59 PM
INTIMAZY

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Odd... I had the FI exhaust with stock sways and even upgraded to oversize Progress sways without any rubbing issues. The aftermarket sways get close but there's still at least a 1/4" of space.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:37 PM
K-man

All thanks... FI was VERY helpful, here is their response for future reference...

I have had very few people in the past with this issue. It is a simple fix. You will need to loosen the entire cat back exhaust system. From there you will begin to tighten the exhaust from the front making your way towards the back. While you are doing so, have a second person hold the center X Pipe section up and have them face the front of the car. While they are holding the X Pipe up and facing forward, have them turn the X Pipe slightly counterclockwise. This way the tube going over the sway bar on the passenger side of the car will be slightly higher. (Make sure that they do not let go of the X Pipe until you have it tightened down to the S Pipes in front of it. If it is done properly the tubing going over the sway bar should have the same amount of distance between the sway bar and the gold bolt head above it. Then you can tighten the two rear muffler sections down in the rear and adjust for desired fitment.

A couple of days later come back out and tighten the exhaust down again. Doing this should solve the vibrating issue. If you have any questions or need any further assistance please do not hesitate to ask…

Thank you, Tony

(818) 882-2788
Old 01-06-2009, 04:32 AM
black07nismo

i tried doing that also. it worked for a few days. then it began to sag again and was sitting on the same spot. good luck.