Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Koni shock owners. Where can I adjust the rear?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Sixth_Vang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni shock owners. Where can I adjust the rear?

Hello,

My Z came with Koni shocks installed and I just received the **** to install it. I can find where to adjust the front easily but is there an equally easy way to access the rears so that I can adjust those as well?

Thanks,
Vang
Old 02-18-2009, 12:45 PM
LaoSiFu

Originally Posted by Sixth_Vang
Hello,

My Z came with Koni shocks installed and I just received the **** to install it. I can find where to adjust the front easily but is there an equally easy way to access the rears so that I can adjust those as well?

Thanks,
Vang

I went through the same trouble when I first picked these up. I thought it was difficult but it was actually very simple. Another member here showed me how.

-Just jack up your rear high enough where you can slide your arms in between the tire and fender.
-As a tool you will need, I use a really tiny allen wrench to adjust the shocks.
-If you look inside your fender, at the very top you will find an opening where you can slip the allen wrench in.
-Turn right for stiff and left for soft

~Robert
Old 02-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Sixth_Vang

Ah thanks so much, I will try that. I called Koni and they told me I could adjust it externally without having to take out the shocks via a allen wrench. I looked under there today and was clueless, I will try it again tomorrow. Thanks again!

BTW, have you had any issues with leaving it on the firmest settings? I was reading an article and some guy said his abs wigged out and went into ice mode?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:25 PM
LaoSiFu

Originally Posted by Sixth_Vang
Ah thanks so much, I will try that. I called Koni and they told me I could adjust it externally without having to take out the shocks via a allen wrench. I looked under there today and was clueless, I will try it again tomorrow. Thanks again!

BTW, have you had any issues with leaving it on the firmest settings? I was reading an article and some guy said his abs wigged out and went into ice mode?
If you do and still get lose, take a picture I can point it out for you.

As for the firmest setting hmmmmm if I am understanding your question then my answer is no. I don't have any issues about it. Not sure how was that person was driving when they mention wigged out. Maybe others can chime in?

~Robert
Old 02-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Jeff92se

Received 1,079 Likes on 971 Posts

I'm running Konis on my G sedan. I'm about middle stiffness front/back. I can't imagine running the rear Konis full firm. Unless you have some outrageously stiff springs in there, it's not the way to turn your suspension. You run the shock stiffness appropiate to your spring rate. Start on the soft side and work you way up. Not the other way around.