Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

NISMO s-tune suspension vs. NISMO Z suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 11:49 AM
eddiebrock71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NISMO s-tune suspension vs. NISMO Z suspension

Just trying to get a feeler for a comparison of the two kits, shocks and spirngs, and sway bar only.

S-tune
440/504
.6/.6 drop

NISMO z
436/576
sits higher then stock z

looking at the actual parts, they look identical, however they sit different.
The NISMO Z suspension, we are told that it is 35% stiffer then stock.

So here is the delima, in driving tests the NISMO Z peformed a little better then the S-tune.

It is my hunch that it is the same suspension, with the exception of that the NISMO Z suspension has a taller ride height. I believe the additional amount in performance of the NISMO Z over the S-tune, is attributed to
1. yamaha mass dampers
2. welded chasis
3. raditor support brace
4. aerodynamic upgrades
5. possible different dampining of shocks

This is just a theroy, as Nissan will not release the actual numbers on the spring rates or the way they are dampened.

If there is any tuner or shop that has actually tested the two, it would be nice to hear you chime in.

What do you guys think.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just wanted to say, I highly doubt the rear rate speculated on the Nismo Z is correct. having laid eye's on just pictures of the rear springs, I do not see a wire diameter present to support that much spring rate. I have in the past publically said I would gladly test them for spring rate if a member would send me a single front and rear spring and I'd return them quicly. I had a member contact me to do this, but never actually got shipped.

The rear diameter on the Nismo Z shocks is noticeably thicker then S-tune rear shocks so as the very least something is different. Without a dyno on both, it's just speculation.

"So here is the delima, in driving tests the NISMO Z peformed a little better then the S-tune."

^ Who's driving tests.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:12 AM
eddiebrock71

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
Just wanted to say, I highly doubt the rear rate speculated on the Nismo Z is correct. having laid eye's on just pictures of the rear springs, I do not see a wire diameter present to support that much spring rate. I have in the past publically said I would gladly test them for spring rate if a member would send me a single front and rear spring and I'd return them quicly. I had a member contact me to do this, but never actually got shipped.

The rear diameter on the Nismo Z shocks is noticeably thicker then S-tune rear shocks so as the very least something is different. Without a dyno on both, it's just speculation.

"So here is the delima, in driving tests the NISMO Z peformed a little better then the S-tune."

^ Who's driving tests.
I read that article also. but you could add the other suspension parts, like the mass dampers, and front support brace. That would help out the s-tune. That maybe enough to make it equal, but maybe not quite since the NISMO has a welded chassis.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:14 AM
eddiebrock71

On the NISMO s-tune suspension, in the rear what would the starting rate be?