Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

SMA Coilover Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Anpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SMA Coilover Review

Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone had any info on these coils? I know a few guys on this forum picked up sets, but I was hoping someone would be able to give a more performance oriented review. Does anyone know what these are comparable to? According to Chris from ESP Tuning (Genesis Forums) they're of higher quality than BC Racing.
Thanks!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Sodero

I will be able to let you know what the quality is like in a week or so. I just ordered a set from Kevin at US-Autotech. I won't have them installed for a little bit though since the car is away for winter storage. But once they are on I will be doing a full write up. From what I have read on other forums they seem to be pretty good.. I can't wait to get them on though
Old 12-16-2009, 08:10 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like how they are full height adjustable with both spring and strut, but very unsure of quality and company.

Personally, i would go with something like the KSport Kontrol Pro's over these. The KSports can be had for the same $799 price that these SMA's are going for.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Anpaul

Yeah. Everything I've read about this seems to be pretty positive. People say they're well made. I guess I'm just a little bit nervous to actually be the test mule. When i talked to Chris from ESP Tuning, he said that these coilovers are being sold at US-Autotechs cost, since they were unable to move them at the MSRP due to a lack of brand recognition. According to his Genesis review, these are comparable to Tein and H&R coilovers in terms of quality and better than BC Racing/Megan etc.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:37 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Either way i would pony up at least $200 more and get the H&R's in the least.

Im on KW and Bilsteins nuts as far as coilovers go, though.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Kevin@US-Autotech
Vendor - Former Vendor

I got someone local to pick these up, his review should be up soon, I will have the link posted on my thread as soon as they are up. I'll keep you guys posted
Old 12-29-2009, 12:06 PM
mrfobbyaccent

Hey guys I purchased some from Kevin, and my first impression was that it looked solid and a good set of coilovers. I haven't had time to take up to the canyon or anything so I haven't been able to really assess them yet. Right now with the set up I am on i have medium all around, and it is fairly soft. I think i made the right choice though, I was going megan or these, and first thing i realized was that it was absolutely quite compared to my buddy who got megans the same day i did, and his megans have some tiny screeching noise in the back which isn't a surprise since most coils make lots of noise. I will write a full review on these in the next couple of days or so. I haven't had time lately since its Christmas season and all. I've been helping my parents rap presents and shop and stuff so yeahh. In my opinion I would get them for this price. I think these are way better then k sport I have heard some bad things from them, and haven't heard one bad thing about these so Ill chime in as much as I can before i write my full review. Hope that answered some questions HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Anpaul

Did you ever get a chance to write a full review on those coils Fobbman? I'm still on winter tires, so it's difficult to tell how they handle.