HELLWIG adjustable swaybars

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 07:10 PM
R350Zz33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELLWIG adjustable swaybars

HELLWIG adjustable sway bars for the 350z
The box

ive had theses for a while been waiting to get the car back to install but dosent seem like its gonna be anytime soon so here they are the look great i hope they preform just as good as they look i will update this with specs
Old 04-05-2011, 07:14 PM
R350Zz33

The front bar is 1 3/4" and the rear is 1". when you change the setting of the bar from hole to hole it changes the roll stiffness of the bar 10% each hole. its like changing the dismeter a mm in thickness. This is what HELLWIG says.
MSRP:
Front -55404- $367.50
Rear -55405- $233.25
they can be purchased through there online dealers:
http://www.hellwigproducts.com/custo...nline-dealers/
Warranty info
We, Hellwig Products Company, Inc., give you, the original retail consumer, our warranty that each new Hellwig product of our manufacture shall be free from defects of material and workmanship as set forth in this limited warranty. Length of coverage: Except as provided below Hellwig offers the following warranty durations by products. (A) Hellwig steel spring and sway bar products and their components are warranted for the normal life of the vehicle these products are originally installed upon. (B) Hellwig Air Suspension systems, air sleeves, air bellows and air compressor systems are warranted for two years from the original purchase date. This extends only to the product installed on the original vehicle. A dated receipt will be required to be presented at the time of any warranty request. The warranty for any Hellwig product is terminated immediately and automatically when (1) you transfer ownership of the product to someone else (2) it is used for purpose not intended, whether with your consent or not (3) the product is installed on a second vehicle, regardless of when the second installation takes place. Because of these provisions, the warranty is not transferrable. Hellwig’s Obligations: Hellwig’s Obligations shall be limited to replacing or repairing, free of charge, any part or parts that reasonably appear to us upon inspection to have been defective in material and/or workmanship. You will be responsible for the cost of transportation charges and charges in connection with replacement or repair of defective parts. Warranty Exclusions and Limitations: This limited warranty does not cover the following, and you will be responsible for any costs or injury you sustain by reason of these things: Parts and labor necessary for installation, removal, reinstallation, vehicle modification, or any vehicle repair, service or replacement, regardless of cause; Any repairs or replacement of the product by anyone other than Hellwig at its Visalia, California plant pursuant to this warranty; Unreasonable use, failure to install or maintain the product properly, modification of the product or failure attributable to a defect in the vehicle; towing, fire, theft, environmental condition, or negligent, accidental or intentional damage or destruction; Any repairs or replacement if the product was used in a vehicle used at any time for delivery or common carrier service; Provision or reimbursement for loaned vehicles or parts for use while the product is being serviced; Incidental or consequential damages (that is, compensation for loss of use of the product or vehicle, inconvenience, lost profits, or any other indirect loss). Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation or exclusion any may not apply to you. Because installation and removal are not covered by this warranty, we recommend that you inspect the installation of each Hellwig product, especially sway bars and accessories springs, to insure that the product was installed safely and presents beyond a reasonable doubt no danger to any other part(s) of the vehicle such as brake lines, gas lines, sewer lines, or the chassis. How to Obtain Service: To obtain warranty replacement parts or repair, we must first be contacted by letter or telephone. Written or verbal approval will be given to you by an authorized Hellwig employee and you must then return the part to be replaced or repaired, at our option, freight prepaid, to our factory. The replacement part will be shipped within thirty (30) days following our receipt of the original part and, if requested by us previously, a freight charge or handling charge, or both. BE SURE TO OBTAIN OUR APPROVAL BEFORE RETURNING PRODUCTS FOR OUR FACTORY; THEY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL YOU OBTAIN APPROVAL. Important Provisions Regarding Your Rights Outside the Warranty: The duration of any IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY (an unwritten warranty sometimes imposed by law that the product is fit for ordinary use), if any or FITNESS FOR USE (an unwritten warranty sometimes imposed by law that the product is fit for a particular purpose), if any SHALL TERMINATED UPON TERMINATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, or sooner if allowed by law. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty is the only express warranty, representation, or other agreement between you and Hellwig and it may be changed only in writing signed by a corporate officer of Hellwig Products Company, Inc

Last edited by R350Zz33; 04-09-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 PM
c_buz

I wonder if you could install grease nipple fittings to the mounts. Can't really see if you have enough wall thickness to do so. That way you keep the urethane bushings lubricated. My civic squeals like a baby pig because I have those bushings in all of the suspension. The grease will eventually dry up. Nice looking piece
Old 04-05-2011, 08:59 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by c_buz
I wonder if you could install grease nipple fittings to the mounts. Can't really see if you have enough wall thickness to do so. That way you keep the urethane bushings lubricated. My civic squeals like a baby pig because I have those bushings in all of the suspension. The grease will eventually dry up. Nice looking piece
Yes you can, i modded the Stock front ones for fitting with my Hotchkis bars.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:27 PM
stevezcar

You will love these sway bars. My 350z was the test vehicle and those bars are duplicates of my original bars. I went from stock to stillen to hellwig. I love my hellwig sways. My 350z stays nice and flat in the corners and feels more connected.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:43 AM
R350Zz33

You were the test car I'm the reviewer lol I contacted them after seeing them at sema got them free of charge lol great communication I feel bad cause I hit a pot hole and haven't had the car for 2 months and the day I dropped the car off at the body shop I come home and these are on my porch I have pix from the development with ur car on the lift yours are blue right

Last edited by R350Zz33; 04-06-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:56 AM
R350Zz33

I have scanned the instructions and have them as a PDF but they are too big how do I shrink the files
Old 04-06-2011, 05:10 AM
R350Zz33

Also I love how much lube comes with it my friend got the same amount of lube from energy to do every bushings on his teggy that was like 20 bushings this is for for the same amount
Old 04-06-2011, 06:08 AM
carlili4190

Contact information for this company? They look pretty nice
Old 04-06-2011, 06:26 AM
R350Zz33

Google search Hellwig suspension or
Melanie White
Hellwig Products
800 367-5480 office

800 890-5480 fax
melanie@hellwigproducts.com
Tell her rich from ny told you she's
Very nice and responds to email quickly

Last edited by R350Zz33; 05-21-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:29 AM
R350Zz33

I will mention a grease nipple maybe they will make a version 2 or something
Old 04-06-2011, 09:46 PM
stevezcar

Yes that is my 350z with the blue sways. I had them powder coast them that color. Its a nice offset to the SMB. The people there at Hellwig are super nice. I got mine free too since it was the test car and that I gave them my stock set of sways. Pretty nice deal. I also set them up with a 370z.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:51 AM
R350Zz33

they really are i talked to them for a while about this i wish mine were blue to match my accents lol i got an msrp on them and ive talked with them about new part ideas for the z33
Old 04-09-2011, 12:25 PM
no vtec 4me

whats the price on these?
Old 04-09-2011, 03:51 PM
R350Zz33

Originally Posted by no vtec 4me
whats the price on these?
Look up I posted it in post 2 I think
Old 04-12-2011, 01:52 PM
R350Zz33

do you wanna see more treads like this let me know i have been in contact will some companies about reviewing some stuff let me see what you want to see all my reviews will be 100% un-biased i could care less about the "name"
Old 04-27-2011, 06:57 PM
R350Zz33

bump for sexiness
Old 04-29-2011, 05:30 PM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

diid you torque down the bracket nuts n end link nut when the car was on the ground?
Old 05-06-2011, 09:55 PM
R350Zz33

Originally Posted by JDMStanced
diid you torque down the bracket nuts n end link nut when the car was on the ground?
i dident do anything theses are still in my basement next to my new hks exhaust
my old chragespeed bumper my 2 wideband gauges and a bunch of other parts im waiting for the bumper to come in that i ordered cars been at the shop since feb 16th
Old 06-10-2011, 08:30 AM
R350Zz33

they are now on the car unfourtunaly i only got to drive it from my friends house to mine do to no back end or muffler all bars set to middle hole one curvy road and its nice and stiff felt the back end comming lose made it easy to predict i like them so far

Quick Reply: HELLWIG adjustable swaybars