Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

suspension HELP!!! i am stumped

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:37 PM
cturnbull802

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default suspension HELP!!! i am stumped

1. a little back story on the car, i had buddy club coilovers i liked them but they were a bit stiff for the roads here in michigan i dont track the car so i went with some 350z h-tech springs in the rear, they had the drop i was after at the time and rode smooth. and actually worked well with the coilovers up front.

2. all was good untill i got new tires and went with 285s, the tires were rubbing and i didnt have immediate access to a fender roller and needed to drive the car so i reinstalled the rear buddy club coilovers and raised the back slightly for clearance. still all was well with the car.
everyone likes a picture. here it was at eyes on design @ the ford family mansion

3. i rolled the fenders and re-installed the tein springs in the rear and i noticed the passenger side was sitting up higher than the drivers side, i didnt drive the car last year due to being let go from my job, so it stayed in storage at a relatives house. i figured either the springs were clocked wrong or something simple..
kinda hard to see from the angles but the passenger side is up higher and never settled.

4. if you are still reading this you made it to 2011 present time, i am back working and am really anxious to drive the car, i picked up a set of KW v1s, and an spc camber kit. onto the install i set the coilovers for max drop one side is tucking and looks amazing, the other, well its the same as the picture with the teins, it wont go any lower...

a friend of mine suggested it could be hanging up on the sway bar, so i disconnected that tonight and broke one of the end links and its sitting like this,

my reality

the dream...

so i am stumped, any ideas for things to check? knowing that this happened with a set of fixed springs and now coilovers,

--the sway bar is now disconnected at the end links and dangling under the car.

-- nothing under the car is binding on anything, i had my wife standing in the trunk jumping up and down tonight trying to figure this out.

-- i also checked the way the spring is clocked multiple times.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:00 AM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Video of your wife jumping up and down in trunk of car would be very helpful.

Oh, I've got one of those wire frame storage racks (box on floor at bottom right of last picture). They're very nice.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:16 AM
2fasst

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why don't you take the rear wheels, springs, and shocks off (both sides). With the car sitting on jack stands, use a floor jack to move the rear suspension assembly up/down to see how far it can go and what's stopping the right side prematurely.