Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

anyone know of a diy for rear coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:13 PM
whipitgood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know of a diy for rear coilovers

im ordering coilovers tomorrow im not to sure how to put in the rear coilovers the fronts no problem but a friend of mine said i might have to take out the interior plastics to get to the bolts for the shock. im just a bit confused about how to do it so if anyone can find a DIY thread for rear coilovers it would be a lot of help
Old 05-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Mcutali

Default re

Originally Posted by whipitgood
im ordering coilovers tomorrow im not to sure how to put in the rear coilovers the fronts no problem but a friend of mine said i might have to take out the interior plastics to get to the bolts for the shock. im just a bit confused about how to do it so if anyone can find a DIY thread for rear coilovers it would be a lot of help
get a lil jack, for under the spring bucket, to let off tension on bolt behind hub... undo that bolt behind rotor side arm thats under rear spring,lower it down the spring falls, and a rubber mount i believe like a cone. look up at the shock and up top u see a diamond shaped plate with two bolts, undo them and the bottom bolt on shock... you may have to take top nut off top of shock and transfer the tops of oem shocks to the aftermarket coilovers. which i did with teins. really pretty straight forward. some coils have adjustments for hard n soft and u may have to dremel out a hole in interior rear strut bar area,my buddy did it for bc coils
Old 05-13-2011, 01:12 AM
skakemokid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can do the front no problem. The rear is 4758957x easier... And you dont have to take anything out from the inside.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:28 AM
whipitgood

Originally Posted by Mcutali
get a lil jack, for under the spring bucket, to let off tension on bolt behind hub... undo that bolt behind rotor side arm thats under rear spring,lower it down the spring falls, and a rubber mount i believe like a cone. look up at the shock and up top u see a diamond shaped plate with two bolts, undo them and the bottom bolt on shock... you may have to take top nut off top of shock and transfer the tops of oem shocks to the aftermarket coilovers. which i did with teins. really pretty straight forward. some coils have adjustments for hard n soft and u may have to dremel out a hole in interior rear strut bar area,my buddy did it for bc coils
if you can try and get a picture of what the hole looks like so i can see if thats gonna be my way to go
Old 05-13-2011, 05:53 AM
R6n350GT

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by whipitgood
if you can try and get a picture of what the hole looks like so i can see if thats gonna be my way to go
My BC Racign Br coilovers came with extender arms so they attach to the **** on the coilover and extend to inside the cabin. my hole where the coilover gets push up into leads up just beside my BOSE speakers (comes out of those baby seat things) and when i want to change damping settings i right reach to where speaker is and twist cable with **** on the end I can post pics if u want
Old 05-13-2011, 07:07 AM
RandomHer0

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres one for the G35. Its very basic stuff.

http://g35driver.com/forums/v36-diy/...r-install.html
Old 05-13-2011, 12:05 PM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Deleted for noob safety concerns.

Last edited by winchman; 05-14-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Neimad

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should really delete that winchman, even if you're serious, do you really want unskilled noobs using a torch near fuel tank?
Old 05-14-2011, 03:17 PM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I guess you're right. It's such a stupid idea that I thought nobody would take it seriously, but you never know what some noob will do.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Neimad

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They probably would have posted a thread asking what torch goes best with 350z before they got started though.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:42 PM
05Z33

The suspension 101 thread gives good instructions and tips for installing coilovers.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:09 AM
whipitgood

i found what im looking for that rear coils bolt in from the bottom where the shock goes and just drill little holes to adjust them from the top