Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Tein, Eibach, or Tanabe coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 07:35 AM
kch_86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein, Eibach, or Tanabe coilovers

After reading up a bit on various coilovers, I've narrowed my choices down to Tein Basic, Eibach Pro Street(KW V1), or the Tanabe Sustec Pro SOC coilovers. I don't think damping adjustment is that important for me as my Z is mostly a street car. And I like the fact that the all use the oem mounts, and not pillowball upper mounts. Roads are pretty rough where I live, and I'd rather not have every crack transmitted through to me.

I like the fact that both Tein and Tanabe have a stock-like minimum height adjustment so that I can raise the car to (almost)stock height during the winter time. Also, it appears that the Tanabe's height can be adjusted without affecting the spring preload. Is that correct? Whereas with both the Eibach and Tein, you change height by changing the spring preload.

So this fact is putting the Tanabes at the top of my list. However, my only question is on quality. How does the quality compare to Eibach/KW and Tein? The only reviews I've been able to find related to Z/Gs are a couple on g35driver - both seem to like them very well. How difficult would be to get replacement parts or a rebuild with Tanabe as compared to the Eibachs or Teins?

As an aside, I've also been considering the Stance GR+ coilovers. Do these come without pillowball upper mounts? I see the GR Sports use to, but these seem to be discontinued. Also I'm unsure of the quality of Stance.

Thanks for any input.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tanabe Pro S-OC does not have full height adjustablity. You adjust height by adding preload.

I would rule out the Tein basic based on owner comments over the years, they are not as compliant as your other choices. Wouldn't even consider anything Stance makes, sorry.

IMO, contact Adam at Z1auto and get his opinion on Eibach(Kw Varant1) vs Tanabe Pro S-OC. He will ask question's based on your wants and needs and on the products in question.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:36 AM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

with these new Tanabes, the case it fully threaded so you can change the height without effecting the preload. But these haven't been released yet.

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/rnd/post/N...-Coilover.aspx