Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

KW competition 2-way adjustable Coilovers **Reviews**

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 05:36 PM
laze1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nissan-Nismo is now selling these for the new Spec Z racing series...
Old 03-15-2012, 06:08 PM
3xalt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IP Gthreefive
yes, I am FI pushing 500whp. I am running Toyo R888.
hi IP Gthreefive, your z have 500whp. it's awesome. i want to ask about tire's size, and what are doing to avoid slip on rear? i have a problem on rear. my z always slip on rear wheels.

thanks a lot
Old 03-22-2012, 09:14 PM
IP Gthreefive

Originally Posted by 3xalt
hi IP Gthreefive, your z have 500whp. it's awesome. i want to ask about tire's size, and what are doing to avoid slip on rear? i have a problem on rear. my z always slip on rear wheels.

thanks a lot
Thank you. I am currently running 295 in rear and 275 in front. when does your rear lose traction? straight line or thru a corner???
Old 09-10-2013, 08:19 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by laze1
Nissan-Nismo is now selling these for the new Spec Z racing series...
Just updating this. The SpecZ series runs the Clubsport, which aren't the same as the KW Competition (true) coilover system... Or maybe KW sells the Clubsports as true coilover OR OEM. I haven't confirmed; I just know the SpecZ suspension is OEM.

Last edited by scotts300; 09-10-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Kraize05_Z

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

KW Clubsports are OEM I just bought some Clubsports for my Z about 6 months ago and only in OEM style.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:24 AM
MyKal87

Originally Posted by IP Gthreefive
Quality – as we all know the quality of any KW product is second to none. We’ve seen it and know how KW stands behind their products. I recently upgraded my JDM Coilovers to KW Competition 2A coilovers and the quality comparison was just plain unbeatable. So my review today will not be wasted on quality aspects.

Street driving reviews – Installation of my coilover swap was carefully done by Howard @ Technosquare Inc. in Torrance, CA. Few days after my installation I visited Darren @ WestEnd in Gardena for corner balancing and an alignment. As soon as I drove off the lot for a short test drive, I quickly felt how solid my suspension responded. The significant difference I’ve noticed was how the car felt during cornering and the quick, precise responsiveness of my steering. After testing the car on the same surface with different suspension setup I've come to a conclusion that the JDM coils felt like they were throwing the car around whereas my new KW coils were much more stable and felt like they were hugging the road.

Track testing reviews - I've recently attended few track events and now I have some feedback and updates on how these coilovers have significantly helped me on track. First, just like how I have mentioned about how the car felt on the street, car was just flat out stable. I've been to same track many times before and not once I have felt my car so stable in same surface condition. through the corner to delivering traction after and corner exit I have no doubt on how my car will handle. If you are local to so.cal and would like to feel the ride, come out to one of my track events and I promise to give you a ride along. You will be BLOWN AWAY!

update: recently went to Big Willow @ willow springs Raceway... I am completely blown away by the way these KW performed. I took the turn 9 at 130+ and car felt very stable through turn 8 and 9. also the turn 1 and 2 never felt so solid. I do not have any lap times as I am still trying to dial in my coils but soon I will have lap times. From the feel of my car I think I should be at about low 1:30's for now...but with everything dialed in car should be able to run high 1:20's. I will update again soon!!! KW Suspension FTW!!!!!

more pictures coming soon!!!
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I had a few questions on price and spring rates of the KW competition 2 way coils. PM sent.