Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Lowering Help. what all should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 07:53 PM
dmorrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Help. what all should i do?

Im looking at buying some lowering springs. Already picked out K Sport GT springs, and for all you guys that hate those, etc.... i don't wanna hear it... I don't have the funds to pay 2k for coil overs or anything close.
I just daily drive my z, no track, rarely street race.
but I have brand new pilot a/s plus tires all around, and they weren't cheap so if i lower mine, I want all the extra pieces as well. I don't want to throw off my alignment and have toe/camber like crazy..id want to lower it and hopefully have it even still.
I know I may need stuff like toe bolts, f and r control arms...
but basically, what would i need to have it lower but not throw my wheels out of whack.
Links will help too.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:03 PM
cubs4worldseris

Front camber arm, rear camber arm, rear toe bolt kit are the basic items you need. On top of that, you will want to make sure your bushings are all in proper working order.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You might be able to get away without having to do what homeboy said, and just get an alignment. I don't know about ksports and the drop level though.

I think people are usually okay with eibach pro kits if you wanted to go that route.

There are tons of articles on here though, just check it out.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:02 PM
ronn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dmorrow
Im looking at buying some lowering springs. Already picked out K Sport GT springs, and for all you guys that hate those, etc.... i don't wanna hear it... I don't have the funds to pay 2k for coil overs or anything close.
I just daily drive my z, no track, rarely street race.
but I have brand new pilot a/s plus tires all around, and they weren't cheap so if i lower mine, I want all the extra pieces as well. I don't want to throw off my alignment and have toe/camber like crazy..id want to lower it and hopefully have it even still.
I know I may need stuff like toe bolts, f and r control arms...
but basically, what would i need to have it lower but not throw my wheels out of whack.
Links will help too.
Drop is 1.2" with those, and .8 or so is the limit for no additional toe/camber adjustments.
I would throw em on and just see what you come up with on alignment..you might be OK with no camber/toe mods.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:09 PM
dmorrow

eibach pro kit as in ???? the lowering springs or the kit for toe rods, etc...??
Old 02-01-2012, 10:57 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ronn1
Drop is 1.2" with those, and .8 or so is the limit for no additional toe/camber adjustments.
I would throw em on and just see what you come up with on alignment..you might be OK with no camber/toe mods.
Agree. Install springs. Check alignment. Why buy suspension components "just in case."
Old 02-01-2012, 11:21 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Install the springs and get it aligned. If your front camber is above -1.5 get front camber arms (-1.5 is out of spec, but will still allow long tire life) then the rear. If your rear can not get under -2.1 you will need the rear camber kit. IMO for a street car -2.1 rear camber is in OEM spec but i would drop it down to a max of -1.8 rear camber. OEM camber spec out back is -1.1 to -2.1 , the lower the camber the better the wear you will get, the lower the camber the easier the rear end will break loose mid corner. For the average street Z i recomend -1.4 to -1.8ish , also depending on the area dna how much back road play the car gets.