Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Chasebays P/S line/cooler kit and P/S sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 09:18 AM
ocdz

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Chasebays P/S line/cooler kit and P/S sensor?

Hey guys,

I picked up the Chasebays P/S reservoir, line, and cooler kit recently. Everything is a fairly nice fit and finish but my question comes from the fact that they do not have any provision for using the stock P/S pressure sensor. when I asked if this was an issue, I got this reply:

"Sorry for your frustrations, the power steering kit is designed for custom applications, not to be an OEM replacement kit. We consider the kit to be a full replacement kit, but it is an aftermarket kit and designed to be a classier, stealthier installation than OEM. The kit does in fact replace all lines and fittings of the existing power steering setup, and it eliminates the pressure switch. The pressure switch is unnecessary as it only sends a signal to the ecu at full lock of the wheel when sitting still to help boost the RPMs to assist the pump. It should not cause your car to run in limp mode by running the setup without the switch, we sell several of these kits a week and have never had any reports of them interfering with the ECU."

Now, there are very few threads on here discussing the power steering sensor but the ones that do say that people have trouble when that sensor acts up.

Can that sensor be deleted? If not, is that parameter of the ECU something that can be turned off in Uprev? Lastly, if I must use that sensor, anyone have any idea what the thread is? I assumed BSP but it looks like it has an O ring so....???

Thanks all.

edit: crazy that someone else just posted a very similar question here: https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...sure-hose.html

Still in for answer.

Last edited by ocdz; 01-27-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:30 AM
rustyschopshop

Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

this was the reason i was asking about the technafit ps pressure hose last week. I believe there is the same issue on them. I haven't had the chance to look in further yet but you should be install a tee and still install the switch.
I was trying to find out what was needed to delete the switch since i was concidering going with electric ps and remove the whole hydraulic system.
I agree there is not much info on the chase bays or technafit systems, i have been looking off and on for over a month.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:42 AM
ocdz

Originally Posted by rustyschopshop
this was the reason i was asking about the technafit ps pressure hose last week. I believe there is the same issue on them. I haven't had the chance to look in further yet but you should be install a tee and still install the switch.
I was trying to find out what was needed to delete the switch since i was concidering going with electric ps and remove the whole hydraulic system.
I agree there is not much info on the chase bays or technafit systems, i have been looking off and on for over a month.
Ya, I just saw your thread after I made this one... I can text Joe (owner of Zspeed) and ask him his thoughts on the technafit system. The information is just as relevant to my situation. I'll let you know what he says.

Still in for anyone else who has actually deleted this sensor though.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:56 AM
rustyschopshop

The reason i replied in regards to the technafit line is that i believe it is a similar setup. But if you find the answer on from joe on the technafit you will probably find your fix as well. I wish you luck.
Seems like the forum is getting very quiet.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:32 PM
ocdz

This forum has been quiet for a while... a far cry from back in the day. I've had a recent resurgence of interest because of the cesspool that is all of the 350z facebook pages. This place is a breath of fresh air.

anyways.

I did get ahold of Joe but he did not give me an answer back yet. Which he's pretty quick to respond usually so you know it's a good question when you stump a Nissan Master tech.

Did find this info when I took 350z out of the search criteria: http://tinyurl.com/qevon79

Seems that its fairly common to run without it on SR's and RB's. I'll give it a shot without it and see what happens. Will update in 3 months when snow clears and I can actually drive my car.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:01 PM
rustyschopshop

Nice find!!. I actually think i started looking at that thread but missed the last of it. If i think of it before i head to work tomorrow i will unplug mine and see if the check engine comes on. Like they were saying in the thread i wouldn't worry about the car stalling, especially since most of us on the forum have power adders anyway.

Wether or not i keep the hydraulic system i need to find the need for the switch anyway or how to trouble shoot it.
If i go the electric route that i am thinking of doing i may use the ecu lead to run to the ps controller. Either way i will try to give you an answer in the next few days if it throws a code or not.