Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Replacing my brake calipers and rotors

Old 02-10-2017, 03:16 PM
jcrow

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacing my brake calipers and rotors

Okay so my rear pads got really bad so when I went to change them the lower driver side bolt that holds the caliper on was seized and I couldn't get it out but to my surprise the caliper fell back and I was able to pull it out with the bolt still attached so I went ahead and replaced the pads then on the test drive (I'm guessing that caliper was sticking because those pads had noticeably more wear and it was uneven) the rotor broke right around where the pads press against it (also adding to why I thought that caliper was sticking) so I went ahead and ordered new calipers and rotors for the rear, is there anything I should be aware of when I go to replace them? when I remove the brake lines from the calipers will I lose a lot of fluid? and my final question will I have to bleed both calipers at the same time or can I bleed one then the other?
Old 02-10-2017, 08:22 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Bleed them in order , a quick search will find the order
Old 02-10-2017, 09:17 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

And I might add, if you let the system run dry while swapping calipers, you'll be starting another thread about how you can't get the brakes bled properly. Put a rubber cap on the line to minimize fluid loss, and keep your eye on the reservoir.
The following users liked this post:
terrasmak (02-11-2017)
Old 02-11-2017, 01:52 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by dcains
And I might add, if you let the system run dry while swapping calipers, you'll be starting another thread about how you can't get the brakes bled properly. Put a rubber cap on the line to minimize fluid loss, and keep your eye on the reservoir.
Yes, I try for minimal fluid loss because of this. I even have plugs for the times I need to pull my calipers off. Worst nightmare is getting air into the ABS block
Old 02-15-2017, 08:23 AM
jcrow

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I swapped my rear rotors and calipers out monday night (everything went well) and just wondered How many of y'all have experienced this?

Search this Thread