Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

New suspension for my daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 04:44 PM
kingtomis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New suspension for my daily driver

I have an 03 Touring with a bit over 110k on it and I'm looking for the best option for replacing key suspension parts.

I just had it looked at and was told both rear shocks are badly leaking, both front lower ball joints have torn boots and both outer tie rod ends have torn boots as well.

I figure if I'm replacing the rear shocks I might as well do the front struts at the same time as well.

The problem is there is just so many kits out there ranging from simple Tokico replacement shocks/struts, fancy looking ebay coilover kits for like $350 to thousands for high preformance kits. Just kind of lost not only on what to buy, but what I need to supply my shop with to do the instilation aside from just the shocks/struts. Are there other parts not included in online kits I will have to provide or are there other parts given the car's milage that I might as well get replaced while getting this stuff done.

Additionally I'm not sure about the torn boots and if it's a big deal or where to go about getting replacement ones.

It's just a daily driver for me and I dont do anything crazy with it but if I can get additional performance for the same/slightly higher price than OEM parts I'm all for it. I also wouldnt mind a slight lowering but nothing that would require buying new camber/toe stuff.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Also I have a 245 front 275 rear on 18's if that changes anything.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:59 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Nice post, I decided to go 1" lower, so
Eibach Pro's and Bistein B8s. Silky and firm at the same time.

If you wanna stay stock height, go w original springs, Bilstein B6s and have someone look at your bushings. Get aligned after.

You will get new boots w your shocks. If the Bilsteins are too pricey, get the Tokiko Blues, good reviews.

gl, my friend! Post results!
The following users liked this post:
jv350z (08-26-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 05:32 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...coil-over.html