Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Nissan couldn't align my wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 01:10 PM
Moe747

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nissan couldn't align my wheel?

So to begin I'll start off with what I'm running on my car suspension wise. I have SPC rear camber arms, spc toe bolts, Eibach sport line springs, Tokico D specs struts, and solid subframe/diff bushings. So I've installed all these parts my self except for the solid bushings, that's too much of a pain in the ***. My problem is once I installed the springs and struts and had it aligned, the rear drivers wheel still could not reach spec. You can check the photos for the alignment spec but it was out significantly and I didn't like it. About 2 weeks later after having an alignment I heard something like crack, break, or snap in the back drivers wheel well area but when I jacked up my car and took out my spring and shocks, I couldn't see anything damaged let alone broken. After that I noticed my car was sagging a bit less than an inch on the rear driver side. So that's where I'm at now. My rear rear driver camber is out and is also sagging about an inch. I don't know what to do. I did notice that when I was underneath that the camber arm wasn't maxed out, wouldn't it be maxed out on one side if they tried to reach alignment but couldn't?
Here are photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/6jtIKtvIB73J5Tcw1
Note: There is an accident in the driver side of the vehicle from previous owner but alignment wasn't an issue with stock suspension.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:08 PM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

Yes your camber arm would actually be maxed out as as short as it can go in your case, because they would have tried to dial out as much of the camber as possible.

Measure the ride height side to side. Check the subframe and upper spring seat area (under the upper isolator) for cracks if you havent already.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:13 PM
Moe747

Yeah I think I'm going to play around with the camber arm because I don't think the tech at the dealership touched the camber arm or even know it was adjustable.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:21 PM
Emski

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Are those numbers after the alignment? None of those are even close to matching left and right. They let you out of the shop like that? Have them fix this and never go back.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:20 PM
Moe747

Just played with the camber arm and I adjusted the wheel the best I can visually until I get it aligned at a proper place. It turns out that it isn't maxed out and the tech who did the alignment didn't adjust the camber arms.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:41 PM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

Awesome. Moral of the story stop taking it to Nissan. Find a good alignment shop and forget all your woes, preferably one that is affiliated with racing directly or via clientele. They know alignments the best.