Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Possible brake booster failure

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 10:39 AM
TT03Z

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Possible brake booster failure

Hey guys wondering if anyone has had problems with their brake booster on a 03 350Z. A little back ground on the car and what I've tried so far. Car is twin turbo and makes a bunch of power 600+ mustang dyno at the moment. So the other day I was out with some friends doing pulls and digs. Ive noticed a few times before that the pedal gets very stiff but it usually goes away. This night however breaking was poor and it refused to do a burnout I was standing on the brake pedal trying to get the car to heat the tires up and it wouldn't hold. I've checked the check valves in the lines to the booster with shop air and they are doing their job. Holds pressure one way and free flows in the other direction. And i pulled the line off at the booster to make sure vacuum was making it's way there. Im pretty confident this has nothing to do with brake fluid at the moment I'm just wondering if anyone else has had to replace a booster on a FI application?
Old 06-24-2018, 08:59 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

No issues on mine (been FI for ~35k miles ~ 10years) but I'm not nearly at your power levels either.

I think it'd be good measure and proactive to bleed the brakes and see what comes out...
Old 06-25-2018, 11:22 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Have you checked how much vacuum you're getting at the booster with a vacuum gauge?