Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

best sways?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Static

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well now I'm really wondering.. we have one guy knocking the Nismo's.. another praising them.. I'm looking into getting the Nismo - S suspension and wanted to keep things consistent unless there really is something wrong with the Nismo sways..
Old 04-02-2004, 11:26 AM
stx

I would let you drive my car so you can judge for yourself, but your in IL.

Honestly, driving on the street you probably will not notice the difference with the NISMO sways. If you push your car to its limits stock and then put the NISMO sways on and then try it again, its night and day.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by matt g.
read all the numbers you want but the evo's rear bar on the stiffest setting is stiffer than the cusco's rear bar. i can really feel the difference between the two. my car is alot more tailend happy with the evo's. and yes i did have the front cusco's set on the softest setting's.
Now their ya go, that's what you should have said in the first place. I would never argue with one's personel assesment when it's expressed that way. But I will argue that you'd say the same thing yet again if you switched to the Hotchkis bars.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:38 PM
thawk408

Does it make any difference that the Nismo sways are hollow-steel and not solid-steel like others??

Thanks
Old 04-03-2004, 03:46 AM
sparky3Z

For street driving, IMO the Nismo sways are perfect. They are hollow, but they don't add that much weight, which I like. They made a major improvement in the handling and I am very happy with mine.

If you're into track, you would want one of the heavier, adjustable ones, I would think.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:41 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it's safe to say that every signle aftermarket sway bar sold for the Z will improve the car. How well it can tune the car your liking is a wholey different matter. And I think some people settle, not knowing things could be even better. If the bar's are not adjustable, what you get out of the box, behavior wise, well that's it. At least with a adjustable bar set you can tune the car to extract the most from it. You do not have to track or race the car to benefit from adjustable bars. Sway bars are ment to dial in a already dialed in chassis, but if their bars aren't adjustable, your buying someone else's idea of what the right dial in is.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:08 AM
thawk408

So would you say Evo sways or Cusco sways?
Old 04-08-2004, 08:01 PM
gmitro

Default Neither

Look at the Hotchkis sways. Hard to beat for the price, 3-way adjustable front and rear, hollow steel for less weight.

Greg
Old 04-09-2004, 08:41 AM
Road Warrior

are the nismo's adjustable?
Old 04-09-2004, 09:18 AM
gmitro

Default Nismo

The NISMO sways are non-adjustable.

Greg
Old 04-09-2004, 09:24 AM
Road Warrior

tx...i am considering the evo f/r...but want to wait until the new bushings are available for each...evo is a little cheaper with adjustability
Old 04-09-2004, 11:58 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Road Warrior
tx...i am considering the evo f/r...but want to wait until the new bushings are available for each...evo is a little cheaper with adjustability
Exactly what I am doing. I know the new rear bushings are out now. Fronts should be out soon.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:31 PM
Road Warrior

do you know the exact date by any chance jmark...nice car shown in your avatar...yours?
Old 04-10-2004, 04:50 PM
jmark

do you know the exact date by any chance jmark...nice car shown in your avatar...yours?
No I don't. BJ aka "dwnshift" at my350evo will know. He should be back in early next week. He is racing at Phoenix GA Cup this weekend. The pic is of BJ's 350Evo 350Z in GA Cup competition. See www.grand-am.com for more racing info. I believe BJ's car took 9th place and one of the Performance Nissan 350Z's took pole and lead till lap 75 when they broke a halfshaft. This car set fastest lap of the race too. The team car started near the tail end and finished 3rd.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:48 PM
Road Warrior

aight then, ya...i emailed the website and sent dwnshift a pm so one of the two should have an answer. i'll let you know if i hear anything sooner. thats cool these products are available and developed through their racing team...proven to perform.

i would like to get the a-arms too but a bit pricey for me. i think i am going to go with kinetix for f/r camber components.

i am doing my suspension upgrades all at the same time....coilovers, sways, and camber components

thanks for the help...nice car btw
Old 04-10-2004, 06:13 PM
jmark

aight then, ya...i emailed the website and sent dwnshift a pm so one of the two should have an answer. i'll let you know if i hear anything sooner. thats cool these products are available and developed through their racing team...proven to perform.

i would like to get the a-arms too but a bit pricey for me. i think i am going to go with kinetix for f/r camber components.

i am doing my suspension upgrades all at the same time....coilovers, sways, and camber components

thanks for the help...nice car btw
Thanks. I'll let you know if I hear anything from BJ too.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:15 PM
jmark

Bump
Old 04-12-2004, 05:48 PM
jmark

BJ What's the ETA on the front bushings?
Old 04-13-2004, 12:57 AM
Anishd

I have the Eibach sways installed, which nobody else seems to have. They're two-way adj. on the front, and three-way on the back. They seem pretty stiff on its stiffest settings, but, does anyone have the percentages each adjustment is stiffer than stock? That way, we could compare them to the other brands, and, so I could know too
Old 04-13-2004, 02:02 AM
TCL

Originally posted by Anishd
I have the Eibach sways installed, which nobody else seems to have. They're two-way adj. on the front, and three-way on the back. They seem pretty stiff on its stiffest settings, but, does anyone have the percentages each adjustment is stiffer than stock? That way, we could compare them to the other brands, and, so I could know too
I am very curious about the Eibach sways since they have been rated highly for another car I used to own. How has the handling changed on on the Z and have you experimented with the settings?

Quick Reply: best sways?