Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Nismo sways??

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 04:12 PM
g350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so you guys are saying you don't adjust your shocks compression and height to the spec that makes your car perform better??? then why upgrade? after I install my parts, if it doesn't drive right I adjust it so I can kick your guys asses in the turns, you'll see my brake lights as I pass yall. Nismo is ok but I usually settle for what performs better not the name that makes it. oh yea by the way I got Hotchkis and KW coilovers.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:32 PM
liljerk

Originally posted by jmark
Lighten up Francis!
any of you homos touch me.... and i'll kill ya.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:12 PM
o snap its eric

isnt it true... when daily driving adjustable and non-adjustable sways are just about the same. Cant really tell the difference. But in the tracks, there can be some difference.

I plan on doing 90-95% regular hanging the turn driving and 5-10% tracking. What should i get.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:03 PM
themartyr

im a daily driver and i totally want adjustibility! being able to adjust is always better in anything(mmmmm options). i was unaware that the Nismos were unadjustable. Who has the EVO sways, i want to be sure they dont squeak because **** like that bugs me.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:28 PM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 350Evo sways don't squeek. They have new design bushings.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:43 PM
mac

No matter where you drive track or street, purchasing adjustable sway bars will help you tune the oversteer/understeer. Whenever you turn, these bars come into play. ADJUSTABLE SWAY BARS RULE, Stillen also makes an adjustable.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:19 AM
adanande

Hey Guys I am in need for some advice because I will be spending about three thousand dollars on new suspension for my car. I really need new shocks and springs because my factory suspension is bottmed out due to a misshapp. The car was checked out an its fine i still have one more week till i can leave Irvine so i had the local dealer check it out sorry Jason. Umm I have been contemplating JIC vs Nismo S tune and i cant decide. The prices are similar but if i am spending this much then i want to me able to take my car to the track whenever i want and not be afraid of fade. I have had experience with Koni's my previous car they wore out very fast because they were not up to the challenge I was giving them. I need a stiff suspension but i also need some way to balance my cars handling characteristics. In sport compact car their Z does not have VDC and that allowed them to have 275's all around. I cant do that so i must resort to having adjustable suspenion. I know the Nismo balances the car but i highly doubt that they will take my beating because I know they are not as stiff as i wold like. (Is this a misconception are the nismo's enough because if they are i'll call it a day and get the s tune and have the dealer install it and call it a day) But getting back to the point, i have vdc (which i hardly ever used, now i have to because my suspension is shot) awhich wont let me balance teh handling using only tires i must now mess with the suspenion settings.

So the options are this
JIC with 350evo
COmplete S tune
Jic with S tune Bars
i dont know pluss
is there anyone that can help me tune my suspension when i install it, i can install shocks and spring but i am a little hesitant to install and calibrate coilovers. Jason i know you dont sell JIC so i dont know if are able to help my with this question. THe sportcompact car of the year had JIC's the owner of axis and he also had Hotchkis? but his rims where (.% in the back i plan on goinf 10.5 later so i should probably get coilovers.

Is it just me or does nismo make coilovers for every car except for the Z
Old 06-11-2004, 02:19 AM
mac

JIC makes a good coilover, also kw, and advanced design has one coming out also. Kw is adjustable both rebound and compression. The advanced design will be the same. Nismo is poor is performance compared to any of the above also. Swaybars just get the 350evo, hotchkis, or stillen. THEY ARE ADJUSTABLE
Old 06-11-2004, 04:55 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by adanande
Jason i know you dont sell JIC
Of course we sell JIC! Check our website http://www.MyNismo.com/ and scroll down... you can see we are not just a Dealership....
Old 06-11-2004, 06:46 AM
Road Warrior

i have the ls+ coilovers (fully adjustable height and damper) and the nismo sways and i have absolutely no body roll....do what you want but these sways do the job and they don't squeeky
Old 06-11-2004, 11:55 AM
themartyr

How do the Tein basic damper coilovers hold up against the others? Also what the range of adjustibility for height?
Old 06-11-2004, 12:42 PM
adanande

OH i scroll down and IC JIC hahahah
ok once I get Dinero AKA the FEDDIIII i shall come to Duarte. Duarte HO!!! Off to Duarte we GO!! LA lala la lAAAA! sounds good , I have decided where i am going to get the suspension but not what yet, If iwant to participate in the silver state classis does the difference between Nismo and another Coilover count that much, dont coilovers feel really bumpy and i guess at really high speeds they would need a super smooth road, i hope highway 318 in nevada is very smooth,.
I need to spend a month with a suspension GURU and LEarn like a little Grass hopper. hehe I love the feed back, Joson sorry i am dragging my feeet. I Have one more week before the quarter is over.
Thanks Jeff for the hyperlink.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:45 PM
adanande

I will probably still do JIC because i just remembered they are adjustable that means i can take any track or do any event as long as i take a physiscs class. sounds good JIC it IS monotube heartiness. GRRRR!!!
Old 06-11-2004, 12:46 PM
adanande

I will probably still do JIC because i just remembered they are adjustable that means i can take any track or do any event as long as i take a physiscs class. sounds good JIC it IS monotube heartiness. GRRRR!!!
This internet possee is great. I am happy i still have my z its got a long way to go with me yet.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:35 PM
shortcut3d

JIC makes great coilovers. But many people overlook that fact that the JIC dampner and springs are extremely stiff. Most people would appreciate the JICs on a track, but not on Bay Area or LA freeways.

I'm not sniffing any paint! I am saying that Nismo S-tune parts are safe because they do not create extreme handling characteristics.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:10 PM
adanande

screw La freeways cops mess you up, Just kidding YEah i feel your pain SHortcut, roads are very bumpy and every thump makes you feel like your car will break in half from the fame and split the cabin right down the middle. Thats why tracks are smooth but i dont drive much anyways, but i know i will be eating my word pretty soon. You never notice untill its too late, i will one day probably have to speed though LA on the way to delivering a pregnant lady to the Delivery Romm and i will have stinking JIC coilovers and the ride willbe so unconfortable that all three of us will get brain damaged. Somehow i always speak too soon or jinx myself and stuff i never though would happen does. UHHggg i probably need o just trade in the Z for a Dodge Ram SRT 10 or something. Lets build one on the website right know heh.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:12 PM
adanande

ohj i c you got rear track diffusers a follower of the aerodynamics philosophy i call it "WHY NOT?"hehe
Old 06-11-2004, 11:33 PM
shortcut3d

Originally posted by adanande
ohj i c you got rear track diffusers a follower of the aerodynamics philosophy i call it "WHY NOT?"hehe
I could all be in my twisted mind. Without the chin aero deflector, rear spoiler, rear track diffusers and with nismo exhaust (no exhaust air dam) the car had obvious drag. Of course I didn't notice until I installed the complete aero package and coasted at 85mph+.

So why not?

I can say that the Nismo 350Z sways were a disappointment compared to IS300 JDM TRD Yellow Racing sways. Now that was a difference.... oversteer oversteer oversteer
Old 06-12-2004, 07:55 PM
adanande

yeah meetooo i noticed a bigg difference when i got the track diffusers after 85 mph even though i had aero package and stock exhaust. peace. I never thought anyone else would have faith in the track diffusers they are gems and they make the car feel lighter at speed.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:06 PM
adanande

i need the some unity in the world. If thats the case i need to put my money where my mouth is and work towards it. PEace peopletime for sleep and reflection.

Quick Reply: Nismo sways??