Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Suspension Question..new set-up

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 11:08 AM
MezzChris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Question..new set-up

I just ordered some new 19" volks and I would like to change my suspension set-up.

It would be nice if the car was about 0.75" lower with an "autocross-style" ride.

I am not looking for it to be A) a low-riding show car, B) a "Lincoln" type rider, or C) a hard-core race car.

I just want the ride to feel like a sportscar while still looking good. Too much to ask? I dunno.

Do I need shocks, springs, sways, etc?

Looking to upgrade the brakes soon, too.....Stoptech?

Any input for this newbie would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris
Old 06-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Road Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go with adjustable coilovers for your suspension...that way, you can adjust your height and damper (softness/hardness) settings for your application. there are several on the market, so you could do a search and get lots of info from the forum.

i currently have the ls+ coilovers from hks and i really like them alot. they are more suited for daily driving conditions but can also provide you with the performance too. this will definatlely give you the "sports car" feel you are seeking while not compromising comfort. i would also recommend a set of sways too and that should take care of your suspension needs. since you are only dropping .75 inches you should not need camber components to stay within specs...but a post alignment will give you information regarding camber and whether or not you will need those components....hope that helps some...rw....out