Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

How I fit the EDFC into the empty Nav compartment! *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 09:44 PM
neur0sis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How I fit the EDFC into the empty Nav compartment! *pics*

Well, some of you may have heard that there isn't exactly a ton of space to work with in the Nav compartment, especially for something like the EDFC (lengthwise) ...

So here are a few pics of some of the little tricks I did to route the wires around to work with the shallow (less than 1/4" behind the nav cubby) area:

Centered the EDFC and marked / cut a slot out of the back...

Had to run the wires through this plastic bracket behind the nav compartment (this is part of the dash support, once the center console is removed)

I had to use the dremel and grind away this little "hump" to give me a little more clearance to pull the wires, once the center console was back in place

Also cut off about an inch and a half of the insulation, so I could lay the wires FLAT (instead of round). Used Electrical tape to keep them flat.

And here we are with the center console back in place. See the little space for the wires to slide through... its reallllly small

Here we go... mounted (with the supplied double sided tape) and plugged in!

The wires were run behind the radio, and power/ground/illumination were spliced off of the radio harness. Motor wires were routed down the left side of the radio, and under the steering column to the drivers side kick panel (for the rear) and down the right side of the radio to the passenger footwell (for the fronts)

Sorry its not totally comprehensive... i was just snapping some pics along the way, and thought I would share.

Last edited by neur0sis; 08-30-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:48 AM
KShep

Nice job...first one I've seen there
Old 09-09-2004, 12:15 PM
tractionZ

That's pretty slick.

I always feel bad about taking a dremel to the car but I'm not planning on selling mine until they stop selling gas so I guess it doesn't much matter.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:47 PM
neur0sis

Yeah, I know what you mean ... but I figure its in a spot that is unseen by the layperson ... (ok, well maybe the hole in the back of the nav spot might be a problem ... hahah) , but those parts can be replaced if they really need to.